Well I finally got infinity, NL, what's the best lightning build?

Seems like a lot of options out there, not sure which direction I should go.

Also, ive heard hoto is still superior than eschuta’s, I’m guessing this applies even if socketed with a crappy facet?

Nova is a blast to play.

Eschuta’s is mostly lackluster because Lightning Mastery (and Fire Mastery) already provide such high +% damage that the +20% it can provide is overshadowed. Not to mention the chance Eschuta’s has to roll with only +1 or +2 to skills, making 2/3 of Eschuta’s drops complete junk right off the bat.

Honestly, a +6/+6 magic orb (+3 to your primary attack skill and lightning mastery, +3 to lightning skills) is amazing, ideally with 20% FCR, if you can find one, but odds are very steep. Infinity and Crescent Moon are also both good choices and much, much easier to obtain. HOTO is always a solid option with high FCR and resistances.

Damn, nova is fun, im mostly just doing P1 so it’s shredding everything

1 Like

Nova/ES 100%
I just did a test with Chain Lighting at 10K+ and man the kill speed was terrible at p8.
I think the major issue with Chain Lighting is you need sooo many skills to max its synergy’s. 20 in nova, 20 charged bolt, 20 in lighting, 20 in chain lighting and leaving you with a low range static.

Nova on the other hand only needs static field, which at max is nuts… you can static entire screens with it, which is VERY significant. Two static’s are all that’s needed for any given screen, then nova your butt off and things die… very fast. You could do this with, or without ES, I prefer with but you can play around a bit and see what you like.

I like the pure energy approach with zero in vitality. Almost at 4K mana with CTA, goal is around 5K, been collecting them +17 mana small charms 20/20 tele/ES.

I think 200% FCR break point is a little overrated honestly, you would have to really give up too much for very little gain. The only way I would even attempt this is if I found a GG FCR caster ammy, which are pretty rare. Even then I have my doubts, but I would test on it.

2 Likes