We get balance patch or not?

The class trailers is awesome.
But… lot of skills in promotion videos is unusable.
Im see the video and say: oh this skills is very good. Go and try in D2 and see: its very bad skill, the other is better.
So VV powered this skills and its go to viable mode or we got the 1.14 version and this tricky videos promoting unusable skills?
(ps: amazing graphics and atmospehere)

I think this is being blown out of proportion abit, trailers only show a very short instance of gameplay and then it is more for the wow factor, that’s why they show certain skills. If it was just a barb only using whirlwind for 60 seconds it wouldn’t be as catchy.

Thats a bit of a stretch.

i would say that just because the skills are sub-optimal doesn’t make them unusable. The trailers are just to get people excited for the visuals.

I honestly hope not, at least not out the gate.

I’d like to be able to play it un-patched before they go heavy handed with balancing as blizz is known to do.

No we gladly don´t get balance changes and we don´t want that modern 2021 streamlined “balance” either.

Id like small changes over the course of months. At the same time I don’t want it to turn into a mod.

this… <3 20…whatever

I want balance, but yeah I am afraid that Blizzard is beyond ridiculously bad at balancing anything. This is mainly why I’d like an option to play default 1.14 incase they manage to screw things up.

Almost every other game they release, they don’t slightly tune numbers. They either make things beyond broken or extremely nerfed. There is like no mid ground. Just hoping this team knows better.

None of you posting for balance, really know what balance is…

Thank god, finally a professional is here. Please tell us how to balance the game or why the game is already balanced and Melee is just as good as Magic.

There is no balance change on release. The game is intended to be 1:1 with the balance of LoD, with only quality of life changes.

The developers may, or may not, pursue balance patches post-release, a few months down the line.

If Maro comes anywhere near D2 with his FIRE philosophy I think he should be nk’d relentlessly. Look at how the banlists went from 1 card every 10 years to 10 cards every few months

Any “balance” changes are likely NOT to happen. At least in the short term.
Could it be a possiblity for future patches, maybe, but its highely unlikely for launch and first ladder.

Hopefully never
if they don’t like it they should play something else and not imagine that blizzard changes the balance because of THEM. what is this nonsense.
you do not like it as it is? Your problem. play something else

Its already been stated prior that future patches “can” be a possiblity. Its HIGHTLY doubtful they will just release the patch as is on teh current d2 version and just leave it there when D2 is and WILL be still available post D2R launch. Not saying that they would just opt to leave it as well. But they have already prior stated that patches can come out later.

I say the same to you. If there is demand for some changes and they do end up changing things, if you don’t like it, go play the 2005 version of the game.

I think when folks see the phrase “Balance Changes” we all start to get a bit defensive. Because some people might have a different idea of what it means.

For example my WW Polearm wielding Barb, will never be able to out MF or baalrun some Enigma wearing Hammerdin or Sorc. But that’s fine, that doesn’t need to be balanced, as I still enjoy playing it.

I would just be happy if they fixed actual Bugs within certain skill trees to make them work as they should and also the nham bug. Then maybe we could see a more spearazons or martial arts assassin’s running around. Would be a nice change of scenery.

I feel confident though, that right now, VV’s main goal is just to get this game out and shipped in working condition. Once they have that as a baseline, then they can start to iron out some things everyone seems to agree on in the future. ex. NHAM bug.

Not at launch.

Possibly later, devs have not confirmed either way on it.

Unless the game is a failure in terms of sales, it seems likely there will be balance patches.

Speak for yourself. “We” doesn’t include me and the others. We want balance changes and modernized interface.