War Cry / Singer Barb Feedback Round 2

Hi Devs and Hi my singer barb friends,

we had changes again. our voice got heard. they reduced the mana costs of war cry.
and because of that i did do some second round of testing. this time i will go a bit deeper into gearing than the last time (War Cry / Singer Barb Feedback).

first of all what was i trying to do?

i tried to find the perfect setup that we can finally get rid off having an insight on us or on our merc. and i wanted to figure out if those mana changes are enough.

so what did i do?
i ran two different setups:
105fcr setup: 2x Hoto 2x Soj / Frostburn / Silkweave
200fcr setup: 2x Wizzy / 2x Branch / GG 2 20 mana barb circlet / 2 20 Mana Barb Ammy / 2x 10 fcr mana rings / Magefists / Silkweave

testing character was lvl 90. i spend around 300 points into vita and 200 points into mana.
i ended up with 2.6k Mana on the 105fcr variant with a lvl 50 war cry (still 46.7 manacost!)
and 2,5k with the double wizzspikes on the 200fcr variant with a lvl 38 war cry (37.7 manacost!).

i was running CS / Pit / Trav.

1. MANA
    my personal opinion is that the higher mana pool is really helpful to mitigate the biggest problem. to be clear the mana reduction is notable. it really is. but at a higher skilllevel its still very high. as i said on a lvl 50 war cry the mana cost is still 46.7 per cast with an avarage dmg about 2.7k. thats still to high. all we got was a reduction of 10 points. i think we need to reduce it to .6 per lvl. i really hope you look into that one more time and check the numbers there. it is definilty the right way and we just talking about little tweaks. 15% more.

2. DMG
    to be honest i was hoping/expecting that in the 2nd round of patch we will get a bit more dmg again since all tests was showing that we are still lacking a lot. the skill is not scaling with anything, its blockable, its only phsyical but cant leech mana / life / crit. open wounds and all that stuff is not working.
    my test barb was fully geared (hero edited) the wet dream of all singers but even with the most (probably never obtainable gear) we cant even cross the 3k dmg mark. since the buff we definitely better and its way more enjoyable to farm a CS in P1 with the same speed a Hammerdin can farm the same Arena on P8.
    im hoping that for the next update you guys just push this build a bit further. i mean im not expecting a 100% dmg increase (even then we couldnt break the meta). but i think that another 30% (45% if i could have a wish here) would help us a lot and bring us at least in a spot that we can farm in players 3 games without falling too much behind.

last time i talked about synergys and grim ward shifts. but lets be fair here. small steps.
it is already the most fun character. we dont need an overhaul just get us some more numbers.

if any there are any questions left please hit me up.

4 Likes

War cry works really well with grim ward, but war cry itself takes too many points for synergy. Instead of directly buff war cry dmg, I think reduce the skill of synergy, but increase bonus per synergy should be helpful.
Slightly increase the range to match grim ward range would be nice, which prevent the mobs from fleeing.
Ofc, reduce the mana cost slightly further. Barb doesn’t have enough mana to start with, really needs those from gear.

what I comes down to in later stages of the game is the question do you wanna max BO or u wanna more dmg from find potion for your grim ward. I think its “fair”

i was hoping for a bit more feedback. i really do think we need more dmg to have a better standing in p3 games. mana is somehow manageable even tho its still over 40 mana per cast