Wait, so which Prime Evil is the most powerful?

I thought it was definitely Diablo, i mean the game is named after him. But people are arguing that it’s Baal, which is just dumb just because he’s the last boss. He isnt the last boss, he’s just the expansion boss that wasnt even worth adding in the original Diablo. Also, Mephisto is even stronger then Baal, since he’s the smartest of the prime evils, so I’d put him at number 2. But then there’s Andariel and i understand that she can corrupt anything, but does that even include Diablo? If so then how isnt she the strongest Prime Evil? Can someone with more Lore knowledge then me clear this up?

Duriel. That woman ends careers and she’s not even a Prime.

1 Like

IIRC, Mephisto is supposed to be the smart one (the whole invading sanctuary using the soul stones was his idea) Diablo is probably the strongest physical fighter and Baal is somewhere in between.

The prime evils are considerably stronger than the lesser evils. The lesser evils succeeded at banishing the prime evils from hell because the prime evils wanted to be banished. Andariel wasn’t even a threat for Diablo as the Dark Wanderer.

1 Like

As the oldest of the three, he’s their leader.

According to some random wiki I just googled, the three prime evils function as a reinforcement of one another because terror leads to hatred, hatred leads to destruction, destruction leads to terror. One cannot be fully effective without the other two. That really makes the Uber Trist fight more interesting to me.

3 Likes

And Duriel is the Lord of Pain, and Andariel is the Maiden of Anguish. Those are just titles.

The prime evils did not always work together. The reason they were able to pose such a threat in d2 was that they were working together.

Actually if you take d3 as canon… Diablo was planning to betray his brothers from the start with the whole Leah thing. He wanted to take all the power himself and be the singular Prime Evil.

1 Like

Mephisto is the spookiest. He doesn’t look as spooky in D2R tho cause he’s more well defined. In legacy, first time walking in there, I almost needed a new pair of jeans. It’s like, what is this glowing multilimbed abomination rushing at me in a raspy ghost voice. NOPE!

1 Like

You are too late! HAHAHAHA!

As far as mephisto goes… He is still up there as one of my all time favorite villains in video gaming. The act 4 cinematic “Enter Hell” is to this day my favorite villain monologue. Second place goes to Lezard Valeth in Valkyrie Profile 2 and third to Sephiroth in FF7.

I was a little disappointed seeing the remastered Mephisto. He looked kinda goofy with the attempt at lip synch they did.

2 Likes

Let’s not discount the fact that Andariel defeated Imperius, whom can go toe to toe with diablo. Kind of ranks her above some of them.

When was this exactly? I don’t remember that.

Source? :face_with_monocle:

she seduced him and they had a demon baby boy named Rathma

Rathma’s parents were Lilith and Inarius, not Andariel and Imperius. Even if that were true seducing someone and defeating them in battle is not exactly the same thing.

2 Likes

i disagree, it’s the literal weapon of a succubus

1 Like

… Okay but " X defeated Y, who could go toe to toe with Z" kind of implies they were fighting, not having a fun time in bed.

And Rathma’s parents were not Andariel and Imperius anyway. Where did you see this at?

1 Like

baal. hes the main character of the whole thing, perhaps.

I wouldn’t call baal stronger than Diablo at all. He just got lucky that the heroes of D2 kinda forgot about him for a while. Act 5 takes place a few years after act 4.

1 Like

Have you seen him in the updated cinematics? dude is Halloween incarnate.

1 Like

I think the host’s body plays a large part in how strong the Prime Evils are, otherwise they’d just target any old body and resurrect themselves by making them jab a soul stone in their head. IMO that’s why Baal’s the strongest; Tal Rasha was the strongest of the Horadric Mages, much stronger than whatever Zakurum Priest that Mephisto possessed, and Aidan is probably close to the same strength as Tal Rasha as they both fought and won their respective fights with Diablo and Baal.

1 Like

I doubt the head priest of the temple of Zakarum was a slouch either to be honest. We just never got to find out much about him. If he was the leader of one of the strongest factions the Light had on Sanctuary I would expect him to be quite strong in his own right.

That’s not a bad theory though. I know the fact that Diablo’s host in d3 was why Blizzard decided to give Diablo feminine features as well… Man d3 was bad.

2 Likes

yah, would have been so cool if diablo possessed Cain, but no the dev are creepers and wanted diablo boobs

1 Like

If Cain had to die (why though?) it should have been Diablo that did it, not some random butterfly lady.

3 Likes