Videos of Modified Unique Weapons Tested with Whirlwind Barbarians

You just created a new build for ‘Rare Rerollers’! :laughing:

I was just thinking if casting amp when you kill a monster is possible.

1 Like

I sent The Grandfather.

I put Ohms/tokens in the chest, and another copy for dual wielding if needed.

2 Likes

Nickie, much appreciated! @Endugu can you make videos for running Chaos for both The Cranium Basher and The Grandfather? Would really like to see the performance of these two beefed up weapons on WW Barb. When you make videos, can you hover over weapon tool tip for a few seconds to take a quick peek.

2 Likes

I’ll post for you later this evening.

1 Like

Here is the video of the latest modfied TCB. A little weaker that the first modified version and eBotD TM. The end of the video shows the stat difference between the lot of them. I’m having a lot of fun with the beefy The Gandfather, it’s video is coming soon.

2 Likes

Here is The Grandfather video. Not going to lie, this is the funnest sword yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for testing The Cranium Basher :saluting_face:

Do you think that’s fair for P7? The Javazon is allowed to 1 shot everything with ease and from range. In my opinion The Cranium Basher that originated from Diablo 1 should decimate anything it touches. They’re pretty hard to find too right?

2 Likes

Yeah that looks fun as hell.

This is putting the original soul back into Diablo seeing a Barb dual wield these giant swords. If you had to roll 3 sockets and eth, that would be a great sword to trade and MF for. It seems pretty well balanced.

Thanks for the vid!

2 Likes

If we want a unique maul that is comparable to D2 LoD eBotD tm, I think you came very close with the first TCB. Blizzard needs to fix the 2 hander problem though before both weapons can be remotely close to working as well as they do on p8 in D2 LoD. Im going to do a TCB Chaos run on LoD to show if it works better.

1 Like

I like seeing these test videos. It is possible to make test of my design above also? Area damage would be like the area damage from leap attack.

2 Likes

Endugu, thanks for sharing! Looks like The Grandfather is in a really good spot with proposed buffs. Looks like we may need a little more for The Cranium Basher. As min damage caps at 63, what if we changed min damage buff to instead add Damage +200 similar to Grief and also increase ED to +350-400% as shown below?..

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Requirements -20%
    • Add Damage +200
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 30-40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds

Completely agree. Finding eth GF with 3 OS would be exciting and more reason to MF.

3 Likes

WW not proccing different effects could just be a technical reason. Amazon’s Pierce passive can crash the game when it lines up just right with the right proc effects. WW might be even worse and the devs just disabled it back in the 90s. There’s no doubt modern hardware and servers would be able to handle it though

To paraphrase the Avenger Hawkeye: “Captains, it is my genuine pleasure.”

I suggest removing the Indestructible from Cranium Basher and replace it with 3 open sockets (Zod it!). Make it a flat 40% ias and yes to the 350-400% ed and +200 added damage. Also add ignores targets defence and prefix Hawkeye.

If Nick can make this bad boy in eth and send it to me, I’ll show you how awesome it would be.

A little something about Strength and Hammer class weapons: For every hard 100 stat points added to strength, hammers get a 110% damage bonus. And so 300 stat points is 330% ed with a Hammer. I’m saying this because I don’t think -requirements is necessary for this beast of an endgame weapon.

2 Likes

The other day I was horking for full rejuvies on the RoF and about 40 maggot babies in the game (D2R) crashed. So you could be right.

I’m thinking along similar lines for TCB. I still think STR bonus is more thematic than AR bonus (AR bonus already on GF). I also really like giving it 1-3 OS for customization and we should also improve amplify damage as follows…

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Amplify Damage Level from 1 to 10 and Cast from 4% to 5%
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds
1 Like

what’s the difference?

This change allows the item to roll ethereal due to indestructible attribute being removed.