Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

I don’t see any problem with this armor being overpowered due to its rarity, but I have to agree, any necromancer summoner with more than 3 points in summon resist and devotion aura, has all its minions immune to Fire, Cold and Lightning, so the salvation aura is something to think about calmly, not to turn the new mosaic.

2 Likes

I agree that we won’t see increased gold pickup radius, so how about instead we buff GF a little more and add a roll for 1-2 OS?..

Goldskin
Full Plate Mail
Defense: 356-405
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 80
+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+2 To Light Radius
All Resistances +35
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
100% Extra Gold From Monsters

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-2 Open Sockets
    • Change Gold Find from 100% to 150-250%

I would support toning down the Salvation Aura to roll between 5-7 as mentioned. I think numbers 5 and 7 are thematic as they are supposely angelic numbers.

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+50-100% Damage To Demons
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To All Skills
    • Add Level 5-7 Salvation Aura When Equipped
    • Add Poison Length Reduced By 75%
    • Remove All Resistances +20-30
    • Change Faster Run/Walk from 20% to 50%
    • Change Enhanced Defense from 120-150% to 200-250%
    • Change Damage To Demons from 50-100% to 150-200%

I recently found a Crown of Ages but was disappointed when it rolled with only 1 OS. As this item is a rare TC87 item, it deserves to have better consistency with always rolling 2 OS. I propose we make this change as well…

Crown of Ages
Corona
Defense: 349-399
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 174
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15%
All Resistances +20-30
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2)
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change Required Level from 82 to 77
    • Change Open Sockets from 1-2 to 2
2 Likes

Love it!

Is the excitement not to major part of it? Haven´t found one myself and traded a low value 1 OS just for fun. But would leave it as it is. Is is still BIS in some builds and always a usefull item even with 1 OS?

I tend to agree, but still. I´d rather see it in a decent spont on par with other good options. It doesn´t help the game if we would create a new meta armor (like enigma). So I would rather place it in a spot we you still have to choose if armor A, B or C helps your char the most…

Good!

2 Likes

I updated OP based on previous discussions:

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To All Skills

Goldskin
Full Plate Mail
Defense: 356-405
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 80
+2 To Light Radius
All Resistances +35
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
100% Extra Gold From Monsters

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-2 Open Sockets
    • Change Gold Find from 100% to 150-250%

Lidless Wall
Grim Shield
Defense: 271-347
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
+80-130% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3-5 To Mana After Each Kill
+10 To Energy
+1 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change All Skills from +1 to +1-2
    • Change Energy from +10 to +20
    • Change Mana Per Kill from +3-5 to +5
    • Change Faster Cast Rate from 20% to 20-30%

Does everyone support the proposed nerfs to runewords below for side discussion?..

Spirit (Shield)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Shield
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missiles
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change All Skills from +2 to +1
    • Change FHR from +55% to +25%
    • Change Vitality from +22 to +12
    • Change Mana from +89-112 to +59-82

Spirit (Sword)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Sword
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
+3-8 Magic Absorb

• Proposed Nerfs:

Mosaic
Mal Gul Amn
Claws
+50% Chance For Finishing Moves To Not Consume Charges
When a finisher is executed this way, it now refreshes the expiration timer of the stack
+2 To Martial Arts (Assassin only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+200-250% Enhanced Damage
+20% Bonus to Attack Rating
7% Life Steal
+8-15% to Cold Skill Damage
+8-15% to Lightning Skill Damage
+8-15% to Fire Skill Damage
Prevent Monster Heal

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Chance For Finishing Moves To Not Consume Charges from +50% to +33%
1 Like

Grief needs to be ptr testet extensivly, but I´m good with all changes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. After more thought, I think the nerf to Grief should stay a simple reduction of +Damage as orginally proposed. Also, check out videos on testing The Cranium Basher and The Grandfather by Endugu and Nickie, fun stuff. The GF looks to be in a really good spot, but we may need to take another look at TCB. Here is what I would like to propose…

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Amplify Damage Level from 1 to 10 and Cast from 4% to 8%
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds

Didn’t we discussed a lower level req as well? So that you could use it in a normal playthrough? If I’m correct we talked about 77?

For TCB I find it hard to predict effectiveness on paper. But a few thoughts and discussion points - just to be sure. Lvl 10 amp dmg has a duration of 35 seconds (range 8 yards from 2 at lvl 1) with a 8% chance to proc that would stay up almost constantly. Do we want that? The 8 yards should not be a problem even in a party I guess. But doesn’t work with WW if I’m correct? If so it doesn’t really matter too much I guess.
How’s the added strength of min 77 in combination with the already high strength req of 253 (resulting in min 330 strength). Is that useful (increases dmg of course) and reasonable (not saying that it isn’t, but just up for discussion :wink:)? Not saying that we need the 100th item with -req.

TM already has 7 proposed buffs. To lower level req, we should take something else away, maybe we could remove FRW buff?

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resistances +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To All Skills

Agreed, its hard to predict effectiveness. What about increasing proc chance from 4% to 5% and keep level 10 amplify damage? That way its not up all the time.

I think the high STR req. and proposed STR bonus on TCB is more thematic and strengthens the flavor of the item.

Not sure it thats really is a buff. Enigma is available at lvl 64 :slight_smile:
But I´d be fine with that. We could also adjust or remove PLR or lower both a bit? Anyhow. I guess thats a nice armor then :+1:

That would be a starting point I´d like to test in a ptr!

Agree! That suits the theme somehow very well.

1 Like

I updated OP based on previous discussion:

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1-3 Open Sockets
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 77
    • Change Amplify Damage Level from 1 to 10 and Cast from 4% to 5%
    • Change Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 40%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1-99 (+1.00 Per Clvl)
    • Change Indestructible to Repair 1 Durability in 10 Seconds

Updated proposed nerfs for runeword side discussion:

Spirit (Shield)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Shield
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+3-8 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

• Proposed Nerfs:

Spirit (Sword)
Tal Thul Ort Amn
Sword
+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage 3 Second Duration
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana
+3-8 Magic Absorb

• Proposed Nerfs:

Mosaic
Mal Gul Amn
Claws
+50% Chance For Finishing Moves To Not Consume Charges
When a finisher is executed this way, it now refreshes the expiration timer of the stack
+2 To Martial Arts (Assassin only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+200-250% Enhanced Damage
+20% Bonus to Attack Rating
7% Life Steal
+8-15% to Cold Skill Damage
+8-15% to Lightning Skill Damage
+8-15% to Fire Skill Damage
Prevent Monster Heal

• Proposed Nerfs:
    • Change Chance For Finishing Moves To Not Consume Charges from +50% to +33%
1 Like

The game was supposed to stay true to the original, which was an amazing game.
They’ve already changed it so much. It’s still fun though.
But, personally, I wouldn’t like to see anymore major updates.

It feels like it’s already been made too easy and lost some of the classic struggle/fun.

1 Like

The changes proposed in the OP moves D2R towards the original game. In my opinion, the game had more soul when uniques were king. Runewords made many uniques irrelevant. It’s a shame Tyrael’s Might and The Grandfather are nothing more than holy grail trophies.

The goal of this thread is to breathe new life into the item hunt by revamping uniques to be just as competitive as runewords, which revitalizes magic finding and makes trading more dynamic and exciting. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

I agree with you if they don’t forget to buff rares and magic items. With this the soul of Diablo 2 is reestablished.

This improves item hunt even more.
Revitalizes trading even more.
Everything would be less montonous.

2 Likes

Would it do any good if this thread turned into just requests for runeword nerfs? I believe the answer is no.

Truth is, the thread is discussing several gaps left behind since version 1.10 and these include:

unique items
Set Items
Common Items and (their socket quantities)
new cube recipes
Rare Items and Craft

And we’re just not discussing magic items, which consequently affect rares and craft, since the sulfix and prefix tables are another huge problem and deserve a separate topic, as well as the skills of useless classes like poison dagger, poison explosion find potion .

Game has a lot of room for improvement and most players want that because they understand the potential of the game or it wouldn’t have hundreds of mods made by the community

3 Likes

Agreed. To specifically speak on improving Rare Items, we have proposed in the OP two sweeping changes…

Rare Items
Rare items should get a minimum of 4 affixes at iLvl 45+, 5 at 65+ and 6 at 85+. Basically, iLvl 85+ rares would roll guaranteed 6 affixes. Rare rings and amulets would be excluded and rare jewels would still have a max of 4 affixes.

Re-rolling Rare Items
The developers should change the recipe for re-rolling rare items from 6 P. Skulls to 3 P. Skulls. This change would allow more frequent rolls and allow re-rolling 4x2 rare items (War Pike, Grand Matron Bow, etc)…

• 3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Rare Item of same type
2 Likes

Summary of magic and rare issues that are controlled by the magic prefix and sulfix tables

1. The level requirement column is very wrong according to the rules of the classic itself, I already told you how to fix it, but this is an easy and quick problem

2. There is a general problem and that is not easy which is how to use the max level column to limit the crappy properties and not even 2% of the table and done that

3. There are countless disabled properties, what to do with each one of them? Leave disabled, reactivate, create new things?

4. What low level properties should be controlled by the max level column to make drawing less unfair, both for rares and for crafting.

5. To buff it is necessary to add properties, but which ones and in what types of item?

General square of the tables is as follows

There are specific problems for each group of items:

• Circlets and helms: Circlets are a second amulet, while helms are totally broken and with no options for good properties, helms need new properties.

• Rings and amulets: They suffer from max level and level req column problems, crafting is an unfair lottery.

• Weapons: Too many low properties (not controlled by the max level column) and lack of stronger properties prevent good weapons from appearing (compared to RW)

• Gloves: The best properties are not the highest level and this needs to change for many reasons.

• Shields and chests: Not comparable to singles and rw need big buff

• Belts: don’t compare to the only ones, need a lot of buff

• Boots: they even come out good boots but they don’t compare to the only ones either.

There are few people who know afix well enough to make a discussion about buffs, but I hope I gave a little spoiler as to why this is a difficult discussion.

Interesting post, thanks for sharing. I leave it for the experts to find a solution to this mess, but reverting it back to D2 classic would make it way better than what we currently have. Nobody cares for these items because of the existing rune words. Thats a shame.

3 Likes

Lets discuss Sundered Charms. Bone Break physical charm is garbage. There are few physical immune monsters in the game and this charm becomes more of a liability with more damage taken from physical attacks.

Overall, the new Sundered Charms widens the gap between elemental builds and physical builds, which leaves physical builds behind even more. It would be very beneficial for the physical charm to also decrease monster physical resistance as follows…

Bone Break
Grand Charm
Required Level: 75
Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
Physical Damage Increased by 10-20%

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Monster Physical Resistance Decreased by 50%
2 Likes

I have the feeling, that we are somehow almost near the end. Magic and Rares could be one of the next subjects :slight_smile:

Thats why we keep talking about this thread! :slight_smile:

That is not a problem. This is an educational journey for some of us. So why not within such a thread as well :slight_smile:

I could support this. You sacrifice a slot. As a caster you do this with joy, but not for Bone Break. Bot not sure if 50% is the right amount. We need to consider two states. First the one where they implement changes to the uniques in the OP and secondly if they don´t.
For case A) 35% might be enough. For case B) even 50% might not be enough?

1 Like

Another item I would like to talk about again. I found two Rune Masters one non eth with 246% ED and an eth with 228% ED. I would really like to use that a one a fury druid, but cant imagine how to make it viable even with Zod, 2 x Ber and 2 x Lo or Ohms (so 40% CB and either 40% DS or 100% ED).

Current proposal looks like this.

As with Goldskin and its former “increased gold pick up radius” I´m pretty sure we won´t see the “runes have 50% greater effect” (what would be 60% CS and 60% DS in the obove mentioned setup). And even then it would obscenely expensive and you probably end up with a Grief or eth Ripcracker.

What could we change to make it viable instead? Along with the +50% CR we could go back to IAS (base speed is +10) or maybe CB or static field on striking? Or -50% enemy defence (ITD doens´t make sense to me) or 50-100 flat damage (of screen again, don´t likte that too much as well). Skills or auras we have already enough imho.

1 Like