Viable end game Paladin builds

Most end game paladin builds will either be Hammerdin or Smiter with the rare Zealer. While these builds are fun and can clear content well, the build I want to play the most is Fist of Heavens with conviction and support heals with holy bolt. Due to the global CD on FoH which is similar to the sorc skill blizzard, this build is not viable. You simply can’t dish out enough DPS quickly enough to clear content. That being said, I’d like to see the global CD on FoH removed like it is on Path of Diablo and Project Diablo so you can spam cast it.

You can Chaos Run / Magic Find if you wanted to on a Fist of Heavens paladin but its an expensive build and not an overly popular one. The Aura is also fantastic for group support.

FoH deserves more love than the community gives it.

1 Like

My dream would be Path of Diablo with these new graphics. Between build diversity, orbs of corruption, end game maps and the phenomenal trade website it just has so many things going for it (not to mention loot always dropping at players 8).

Sadly it looks like modding is not going to be an option, but D2R did mention possible future additions and i feel that the two go-to adjustments would likely be build changes like FoH to give more end game choices and end game maps.

So who knows, maybe in a year once they start doing ladder seasons.

2 Likes

I love the idea of the remaster but I also feel like if your providing live support to the game, liven it up. :man_shrugging: If that can be done without destroying the “core” game remains to be seen though so I hope its done cautiously and well.

I’m building a hybrid tesladin + elemental templar. Essentially a tesladin (zeal + holy shock with synergies) but instead of FOH as secondary its the elemental templar build (zeal + conviction with azurewrath/baranar). Pairing with a might merc and some high damage eth weapons to provide raw physical damage.

Will see how this pan out but very excited as this build can take on most things. Conviction to break elemental immunities with a raw damage merc should make a viable secondary where the primary light is can’t handle