Upgrade of Set items

I’ve upgraded my cleglaw tooth from Long Sword to Rune Sword using the horadric cube recipe. Everything went fine , all the attributtes required showed the correct way… str went to 103 , dex to 75 lvl to 25, etc. I’ve have all the requirements but the weapon wont equip… it makes the sound of equipping but doesn’t. What am i doing wrong?

Upgrading set items has the same penalty as upgrading unique items:
An upgrade to exptional adds +5 to the exevptional item’s level requirement.
An upgrade to elite adds +7 to the elite item’s level requirement.

Therefore lvl req for your upgraded Cleglaw Tooth is 30 instead of 25.

I upgraded Sigon’s wrap to the Elite version - Sigon’s Wrap Colossus Girdle and it won’t equip. The requirements are level 72 and strength 185. My Barbarian is level 78 with a strength of 223. Why won’t it equip? It doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t say I can use it yet or anything else. It is the right color for equipping, but it just won’t. Very frustrated as I spent a lot of time getting the right runes to make this.

Do the math as i told above.

Sigon’s belt upgrade to exceptional raises lvl req to 30.
Sigon’s belt upgrade to elite raises lvl req to 79.

You are 1 lvl short.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll try that. Not sure why they can’t just program it to show the actual required stats. Have a good one!

they messed up when they made sets upgradable, it adds the stat indicating a higher level required but to the wrong place, so it doesnt display on the item.