Updated report on [BUG] Graphical artefacts on XSS/XSX

So this is an updated bug report on a bug I previously reported, that I thought I’d solved.

I’ve been playing D2R on xbox a lot more in recent days, and I notice specifically any sort of particle effects in extreme amounts “overwhelm” either xbox and cause massive artefacts including triangles of white, black, and rainbow, as well as in WSK if you have Fortitude armor or use a cold skill on the sorc, as well as when using blessed hammer, when there is a lot of action going on with the enemies, the screen will completely blacken out underneath your immediate area.

These consoles are more than adequate to display D2R at 60 frames in performance mode. It is also replicated 100% of the time in quality mode in these areas.

Obviously I can’t turn settings down like you can on pc with the shenk glitch that still exists after 20 years, so I have no options but to report this again.

I’ve tried replacing the hdmi cable, turning game mode off, setting the hz to 60 instead of 120, various graphics settings in the xbox dashboard, nothing fixes this issue.

The game basically craps its pants whenever anything substantial goes on the screen. I should also note there are fps drops whenever I clear Baal’s throne room and I’m using a blizzard sorc, or if I have my hammerdin with 125 fcr instead of the next highest level.

I would have thought such a glaring issue would have been reported more than it has, but other than a handful of reports across the internet, people either just put up with it, or have their xbox replaced and the issue still persists.

I’m out of warranty, so I can’t have my xbox replaced.

Cordially, I invite the developers to fix the shader coding in the game so that artefacts no longer exist when certain particle effects are combined.

Before I forget, this mostly happens with the witches/sirens and their hellfire balls combining with blizzard, frozen armor, or blessed hammer. I don’t have a wind druid currently, so I can’t test that. This also happens 7 out of 10 times when Shenk is killed and I don’t move off screen or TP.

This has been an issue since my xbox was brand new, and I have zero problems with other games creating artefacts, so this is definitely isolated to D2R in and of itself.

Thank you.

Now that’s interesting. I have a brand new PS5 slim. all games run well. but I clearly have artifacts in D2R. Thinking about RMA. But i dont understand why the Hell its Just D2R

1 Like