Update: Whirlwind breakpoints for all single-wielding (1H and 2H) weapons

6 frame too ww is pretty bad and low dps , i hope you dont pvp at 6 frame lmao

the prove and fact i will give him all weapon free :slight_smile: this have 0 value too my eye

you play with this type of weapon for 1 or 2 week

i guess i start to understand all these change is just for improve option for new season to a casual level

still pretty because this affect other aspect of the game

Thanks for clarifyingā€¦yeah idc about the dps, just wanna use Obedience (cheap, effective) in a spear and whirl around for fun

too whirl around for fun , you are also able to do this with a white pike :slight_smile:

I mean fun and effective. As in still able to do anything in Hell difficulty. Thatā€™d be a lot lot tougher with a white pike compared with an Obedience Ghost Spear. And certainly a lot less fun. But I understand youā€™re just upset, itā€™s okay

i dont think im upset i offer you too give you a few free spear , i throw on the ground :) now , im just saying ww at 6 frame is not that amazin for me and is low damage ,
i expect the tiem you ask advise , you want to play with something good , nothing more , btw i still have some free spear or pole arm for you free np :+1:

Lol, you are clearly upset bro, itā€™s okay, we can all tell, no need to hide it or be ashamed. I can procure my own gear as well, thanks for the offer though.

dude i offer you to give you free gear , that sound upset too you :rofl:

i already have a game chr222 pass 222
i drop all item on my account i dont use anymore come take it all

if you looking for fun let me just say 4 frame ww and a lot more fun :slight_smile: compare 6 :weary:frame ww is 50% more fun :thinking:

Iā€™ve actually done this and itā€™s pretty weird. The damage is actually OP now. I used a Great Maul of the Bat, and it clears act4 normal on players8(at level 30-32). No damage needed on the weapon.

The problem is that even though the hits are faster, losing the 2 free hits makes it feel slower. Previously you could sort of control your attack speed by doing shorter or longer whirls. And now that thatā€™s gone I really miss it. Overall, with a pike or great maul, the hits are still too slow. It still feels clunky. And the mana problems are still just as frustrating.

1 Like

This is a great discussion! From a theory crafting perspective what is the absolute best weapon setup for a WW build? Is it x2 Grief weapons? Using x2 Grief Phase Blades clear stuff really fast based on my own experience. Or, what about x2 eBOTD Beserker Axes? It sounds like x2 1-Handers is the way to go now. I was using a Ghost Spear prior to the patch.

small correction since iā€™ve seen you say it a couple times. they only removed the second free hit. the first one is still there.

1 Like

first of all why does the community have to dig around to get these numbers? why dont lizzard just tell us what they done? probably because they have no clue what they are doin^^

overall its a huge disapointment. being affected by decrep / slow / freeze is very scary in hc and it seems like the only viable combo is beast grief now because the ias from fana will give u stack ias to hit more when decrepā€™d.
i was hoping this update would make more weapons viableā€¦ like being able to reach 4fpa with botd archon staff (+10 base speed). but its the other way around. 2hand weapons are now slower. botd gpa used to be 4fpa. now u need 30 extra ias to reach 5fpa. and then there is decrep and freeze wich halfes your hitrateā€¦
i do not understand reasoning behind these changes

3 Likes

and blizzard hide everything on this mess

he have any official info

this is just bad go look the legacy patch of d2 he have all info there and the data base web site for d2 nothing use to be hide

he never have this issue with diablo 2 classic

d2r just hiding the mess with the new ww

this is really not what i call a authentic experience yea right :roll_eyes: to start not able to give a real patch note

Bro, look at all the emojis youā€™re using. Itā€™s straight up sad at this point. I wish you a speedy recovery.

np do you need some free item ?

Great work done! Are the assa breakpoints the same as the barbarian?

you could do that on P1 naked

Video proof or it didnā€™t happen.

Iā€™d like to add that dual wield is much faster than 1h in the table. For example, wielding 2 x ettin axes with 10 speed you need just 70ias for 4fpa and not 89. You can wield 2x edeath ettins and swing at max fpa which is a huge improvement.

I think OP deserves a tremendous amount of credit for finding these breakpoints and I came to conclude the Whirlwind change to be a nerf in the following context.

1. 4 Frame Whirlwind is no longer possible with 2-H, regardless of weapon. Legacy WW allowed you to hit 4 Frames with 2-H, Sword/Board or Dual-Wield. Breakpoints were easy to calculate since it was all based on Base Weapon Speed + Weapon IAS. Now itā€™s a convoluted mess(although OP helped a great deal) with additional factors such as Fanaticism, Holy Freeze and Decrepify now affecting a skill that for 20 years(AFIAK) had been immune to those effects from an APS point of view(%Damage from Auras/Decrepify still applied).

2. Immortal King is now hot garbage. One of the perks of IK was that it could easily hit the 4 Frame breakpoint, half freeze duration(which didnā€™t matter since WW was unaffected by it, if not helped since you spent more time around your target) and dealt decent damage. Now it has to hit 125 EIAS(from an equivalent 95 EIAS with 70 IAS on IK Maul) just to reach 5 Frames, a 25% APS nerf. 60 IAS isnā€™t much but it limits your flexibility in what Amulet you can use.

3 Likes

Ok show me or you are confirmed troll here.