Update: 2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th

:joy: Better forget ladder at this point. Constant delays since game release until nobody cares anymore just to not make this feature at all. The same thing happened to Starcraft and Wacraft 3.

2 Likes

ETA At the end of the month? So we wont have 2.4 in March?

What a big failure this company is.

We already have half year passed since D2R launched and we still talk about ETA and WHEN it will come, the FIRST Ladder, 6 months after and we still talk about it. How on earth they become like this? I just dont get it, it feels like only a single guy working there. I just get tired of this.

13 Likes

Was looking forward to ladder since we marched into new year of 2022.
Changes made in 2.4, especially reworking of FoH made it even more interesting and something worth waiting for.

Canā€™t believe I got to the point where honestly Im past caring anymore.

They canā€™t even give as a date. Honestly, last time I saw such a big greasy middle finger was when Cyberpunk was released.

6 Likes

The lack of communication via the official forums and only answering on Reddit really bothers me more than that they are postponing in order to fix the broken patch.

5 Likes

Yeah this is basically where Iā€™m at. Iā€™m really looking forward to 2.4, I donā€™t have any more character slots to play ladder without deleting characters anyway so while I understand and agree with some people being upset about ladder delay, Iā€™m not as concerned about it personally.

But what I do find really frustrating is:

1. Long stretches of radio silence. I donā€™t necessarily need hard dates or the technical details of what the problem is, but some communication of ā€œwe had a problem, weā€™re working on it, weā€™ll give you more information when we know moreā€ would go a long way. I realize the CMs have lots of other duties aside from playerbase communication, but when several days/weeks go by without a Blue post on the official forums, that feels bad.
  2. Twitter/Reddit getting information that isnā€™t even posted on the Official forums. This happened with D3 all the time as well. If you want to have a presence on other social platforms, thatā€™s great, but why canā€™t the information be stickied as a blue post in the official forums as well. Iā€™d expect that to be their first priority, with doing a copy to other areas a nice to have later, or allow fanbase to cross-post from official forums, rather than us having to find out news from twitter/reddit and have fans cross-post it here.
9 Likes

Yep. And reddit info is not even coming in advance. They throw it out there just to calm us down.

But WE are hereā€¦.! In their forum :confused:

4 Likes

itā€™s better than the alternative. They discovered an issue and decided to fix it, rather than just go live broken.

isnt that simple, is a pack of problems actually that makes players sad and mad.
Lack of communication, they talk on posts on Reddit and not on their forums and still we dont know what happened and is delayed yet again.
Constant delay of what is promised, we took a game with the words ā€œshortly after ladder will comeā€ and is been 6 months since then and we still DONT HAVE A DATE FOR LADDER!

2.4 patch, many, i am one as well, wait this patch cause it opens some builds which were terrible at past, and we still dont know when it will come.

Some say is coding etc, they try to fix old problems BUT D2r isnt the only game they failed at, W3, Starcraft etc are games they actually failed to get things as promised. So isnt coding or something but is how this company works and treats costumers and problems.
When take all in consideration you will realise that they are provoking their costumers with lies and failed promises over and over again. At this point Blizzard must release 2.4 already, this will delay players a bit BUT they said it wont be 4 months or close SO it will be around 2 months from now. So we talk about getting Ladder at summner of 2022 and again without being sure.

2 Likes

anyway no big deal most real diablo 2 player dont play this game anymore , you dont flip up side down a classic game with change this is not d2 anymore anyway , and soon pvp will be unplayable what a joke diablo 2 die after 1,09 for me after is just down the hill d2

2 Likes

Scum? D2JSP best thing to happen to D2 since LoD.

2 Likes

Blizzard still running all their games on old hardware stored in closets and coded back in the WoW launch days.

Look, Blizzard has these issues with every single game now. Warcraft III Reforged took 9 months to get its ladder. Anyone making excuses for Blizzard at this point has stockholm syndrome and shouldnā€™t be allowed to discuss things with rational, mentally sound people.

9 Likes

What communication? I donā€™t see anything in the Blizz Tracker here. Players should not have to go to Reddit for official information from Blizzard.

6 Likes

The ladder was gonna release on time, but then gas prices got high :notes:

There is a small dev-team around a streamer called Senpai. They made a D2Mod in their offtime, without money, just with some donations and their passion.
This mod has a lot of reworked stuff, huge endgame content with new mechanics and so on.
They are able to bring every 4-6 months a season with high-quality content and several improvements.

There is a big company, with 8 MRD USD annual sales in 2020. They are not able to fix Chat-Bug and Lobby within 6 Month. They are also not able to bring a simple Ladder-functionality, which was announced ā€œshortly after releaseā€.

Sorry Blizzard, I hope you are able to explain the delay. It seems that most of your devs are working now on other projects and the last 2 guys have to finish the game. If that is the situation, then its that situation and most of us have an explanation.

And work on your communication. If you tell us from the beginning ā€œwe will need ~6 month to implement thingsā€ā€¦ then its understandable and we can come back in ~6 month.
If you finish your work earlier, most people will be positive and you can bring your announced content earlier, or you can spend the rest of the time for polishing.
If there is needed 1 month more, this is also ok. To annouce a delay one time it is not that problem.

But these ā€œLadder will come shortlyā€ or ā€œ1-2 weeks here and 1-2 weeks thereā€ is a really bad communication.
I mean everytime you fuel hope and then you disapoint your communityā€¦

10 Likes

SenpaiSomething is his nickname :blush:

They need to DO THAT! we need time to test the game updates in LIVE before competitive ladder EVER becomes a thingā€¦and a week isnt much. Push back ladder if needed, but if the 2.4 is done they need to release the damn thing and treat it like the PC game it is. Patch bugs as you discover them. Jesus Blizzard this isnā€™t your first rodeo, its not even your 5th! Weā€™ve been doing this dance for over 20 years now. You release a game, it HAS BUGS (you ALWAYS have bugs ever since warcraft 2), you patch the bugs as you develop fixes.

We need the 2.4 content or we are gonna have no players left by the time you DO feel comfy enough that everything is perfectly tied up with a nice little bow.

Agreed. Itā€™s bad form, its bad for a company, its bad for the community, and it ruins your name as a brand. They have been amateur hour since the 1990sā€¦ and I would have thought theyā€™d have grown out of this by now. A COMMUNITY TEAM was able to bring a quality version of diablo 2 regularly, and as this person saidā€¦ Blizzard canā€™t get the chat working or handle the spam-bots in the main lobbyā€¦ or get a patch update ready without at least 3 failed but not TRULY promised release dates that were JUST BARELY safely worded enough that TECHNICALLY they can say they didnā€™t guarantee anything and the timeframes were just rough estimates, but honestlyā€¦no, if they literally just set up a github with the dang source and let us take it from there we will have 2.4 up within about 2 weeksā€¦ thats just with me working my butt off on it. A REAL company with staff should be far FAR quicker.

1 Like

Did you see dudeā€™s twitter? He posts workout flex pics and hist placement after a HOTS match basically every day.

1 Like
https://www.kapwing.com/videos/623a22e75ebb9b0103f8717a

Laugh about it! Do you remember that guy who laughs super hard for 3 minutes? Well. Sit back. Relax.