Unique and Set Items to keep

A lot of what you keep is what you intend to do. Do you intend to PvP alot? If so, low level duels? There are many items in the game great for different pvp purposes, that most people would toss away if they didn’t pvp or want to find the niche group that does to trade. Then, I keep certain items for Druid and Sin, even though I probably will never play them.

Some stuff you are missing, that I would personally keep:
Ginther’s Rift - A great repair durability sword that serves all the way through NM, and could be used early Hell if you get nothing better.

Butcher’s Pupil - A neat one handed axe with 35% Deadly Strike (Crit Chance). Great for NM, especially on a Double Swing/Frenzy Barb.

Sigon’s Set - One of the best general use low level sets. However, requires a lot of strength, so save low level +str charms.

The Immortal King set - While not the greatest, this full set is good at solo clearing Hell as a Whirlwind Barb. The Chest Armor Piece (IK Soul Cage) is pretty rare too.

Witchwild String - Outside of runewords, this bow when upped with the cube, is probably one of the best choices other than a Windforce for clearing Hell on a Bowzon. And it is useful out of the box at level 39, a great NM bow.

Stealskull - A great helm for melee or bow. MF, with Dual Leech.

Lightsabre and Azurewrath - Lightsabre is a great choice for a Hell Melee weapon until you can get better. At 85, upgrade to Azurewrath if you hadn’t built better. Both are Phase Blades, but Azurewrath is rarer.

But again, when you are first starting out, EVERYTHING is useful pretty much. However, there is certain stuff I always keep for leveling, as well as for midgame.

1 Like

thanks! i will add those to my list.

I will trim the list when space get’s extremely limited.

NP. To be honest, many of those items on your list, will either take a while to find anyways, so you won’t be swimming in them, and many of them look great on Arreat Summit (where I assume you looked), but either have a very niche purpose or just are not as good in practice as in theory. Take Ormus Robe’s for instance. It looks great, but the +3 to Skills is a random Sorc Skill and it has no resistances. Compare to Skin of the Vipermagi, would can be gotten earlier, can be upped to give 200ish more defense than Ormus, general +1 to all skills, 10% more FCR than Ormus, +20-35 resist all, and can be useful for more characters than Ormus. Now a good rolled Ormus is still good, but only for that build of Sorc.

Anyways, a lot is a learning curve. Don’t be afraid to hoard a little to start. Make a level one character and use their personal stash tab and on character 4x10 inventory to store stuff. You can always delete later. Welcome to D2.

2 Likes

It’s probably a worthless item, but having The Ward at hand was a great help for me during leveling my 2nd char. Just easily maxing all res in NM and Hell.

1 Like

For some low lvl things:
Tarnhelm and Gull dagger for ridiculous MF (Angelic chest combined with Amy and Rings is also 50 MF for each ring)
Hsarus Set + Rixot Keen/Gull Dagger for early leveling.
Eye of Etlich - amazing amy
Ravenclaw - can’t outtwink that
Bloodfists - Fury Druid replace them only with draculs, amazing gloves
Vidala boots - 30frw +150 stamina when it actually matters
Threads of Cthon - great boots for twinked char

1 Like

Baranar’s Star - has 3 elemental damages and is overall a capable weapon

2 Likes

Those boots what have very low level, but you get fire resist to 90%, while 75% fire resi is also with it. With these boots there is no more fear against fire monsters.

I am levelling my first sorceress and with all the items found with my necro and barb before, I can use a lot of sets and more. Wearing iratus full set at level 15 and no more resistence problems anymore. Also have my complete Gold find and MF gear for level 32 ready to use, this time it will be first total mf about 210% gf about 700% hungry levelling character.
So I imagine I will get even more of all those uniques, what are not worth to hold.
Would be great to know what low level items are worth to hold or sell.

You can ditch this or try to sell some of it it if you need more space.

Keep only amulet+belt+armor from tal rasha set.

1 Like

Maybe my item price/ value project could help you actualy. Its not finished yet but i think its helpfull to new players and you can use it to understand what to keep.

1 Like

Maybe i missunderstood. Are you asking what you should keep from your list of items you have or asking for list of items you should keep if you find them?

those items i listed are what i am keeping. but when space becomes limited, i will reduce it further.

Yeah but you own them already? Or you want to know if there is more items worth keeping which are not on your list?

i own some of those listed, but will be hunting for years for the rest.

yes to your question. thanks for your replies :slight_smile:

I mean i could work on list of items you should keep or lets say i would keep myself which are usefull. If you are interested

I am. thanks a lot! …

Well i started working on list but as i finished helms and armor i see it will take too much time.

Try to use this instead, its the price guide i made already and it should help. Basicly everything with some value there is worht taking/selling or keeping.

1 Like

thanks, bro!
20 chars

Just keep in mind that some prices are not updated to current situation. Mostly stuff people sell the most like shako, tal armor, soj, anni, torches.

1 Like

he ward is easily one of the best shields for leveling.

Couple questions
LL and Str on Andy?
Vit and DR on Verdungo?
ED on Arach?
GF on Inferno?
Resistance on Maras?
Cold% on Nightwing?
ED on Herald of Zakarum?
1-2 socket and res on Crown of Ages?

JLC#11801