Underwhelmed with the new runewords

I’m not an elite player - I play hardcore and muddle thru - nearly got to level 92 with a summoning druid this season.

I’ve played PTR for a little while. Most of the new rune words seem ho-hum to me.
I don’t play Assassin, so Mosaic is of no interest.

Really none of the level 35 rune words make much sense to me. I tried Amazon for a while - and a Sorceress. For the 10-15 levels they could be useful, I don’t think there’s any pressing need to use any of them over other common drop helms (or cheap ones you can buy). I would rather have all res.

I usually play Druid - the Metamorphosis would be interesting, if I could ever get one. I’ve never seen a Cham rune. I’ve hit level 91 playing druid this ladder and a Vex is the highest rune that’s dropped. Plus, by the time you get into the high 90’s levels - is anyone going to change their build to use this? I’m sure there will be a few who do, but this rune word seems to be for such a small number of elite players, I really don’t understand why they went with it. Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Actualy it’s pretty easy to trade for a cham rune (may change a little with the new rune word). For me it would be a reason to respec. Even in the 90s.

The helmet RWs are not bad to compensate sunder charms before finding better options. Although a little buff to these would be good. Bulwark also sounds very nice for an early-mid game merc helmet, or put it into a nice pelt or barb helm.

Even for SP offline I like Metamorphosis, because finding a Cham could be a reason to start a Druid or improve an existing one.