Unable To Join Friend/Public Game

Wonderful. I guess a dumpster fire isn’t all bad. The season is changing to colder weather. The pungent aroma of burning dung fills the air, but at least we will be warm… smdh…

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. But then I try to join a game alone and half the time it says cannot connect to the server please check your internet connection, ( which is fine BTW). Blizzard needs to up their standards big time.

Yep blizzard screwing with servers again

yeah, we moved from EU to US, same problem, game is no longer av…to join

this is what went down for a trade of mine

guy: join my game
me: game not available, i create pls join
guy: your game is not available too, i create pls try joining again
me: your game is not available too, i try to create lets try joining a random lobby game
me: join game XXX
guy: game XXX no longer available
me inside game XXX going “…”
guy: lets re log in and try again

after 15mins of re-queuing, finally got it done.

1 Like

Hey all,

We’ve seen some reports of this happening and from what the devs say, it happens when we’re actively deploying something server-side like a fix, which is why it happens to several players in spikes when it happens. The issue will usually resolve itself if both friends restart the game client, unless the deployment is still actively happening. Alternately, you can wait for the deployment to finish and it’ll clear up on its own.

I know that this is not exactly optimal when queues are active, so here’s an alternate work around. Other players mention that temporarily removing each other from their friends list can work around this. To do this, you’d remove eachother from your friends list while the issue is happening, communicate elsewhere, and re add each other later when the issue clears up.

Either way the developers are working on needing these fixes to happen less often over time which should prevent the problem from popping up less often over time as well.

This does nothing for the IP issue happening. We’ve tried resetting and re-friending. Nothing works for almost everyone.

2 Likes

Lol you’re kidding right… you cant actually believe that this “solution” solves IP problems…

Are you like, an uneducated scripted employee that just spews what they’re told?

2 Likes

yeah , fully agree with it

To clarify I’m not talking about re-friending, I mean completely removing each other from your lists while the issue is happening and re adding later. I’ll edit the post above to try to make this more clear. I also mentioned that if the deployment is still happening, restarting does not work:

As for speculation that this is an “IP issue”, this is not the bug report forum but that is not actually what’s going on to the best of our understanding, it’s just some speculation that’s being thrown around pretty matter of factly. When joining a server in any of our games you should be able to swap between IPs as needed, you just have a default one that you authenticate to. The only exception to this is if your friend is in another region, so you’d need to both be on the EU client if you were both trying to play in EU, or both be in the US to play in US, etc.

If you do believe you’ve found a bug we’re not aware of please do post on the thread in the Bug Report forums, but hopefully the info I posted here helps most players get in game with their friends.

Its very matter of fact that if you’re on one server IP, and your friend is on another, the only way to “fix” is to relog until you manage to land on the same…

1 Like

Same issue. Can’t join anyone and any of my friends game, and they can’t join mine. This is unbelievable. Never seen such buggy game in all my life. I mean it

1 Like

This is the final nail in the coffin for diablo II. The people will just leave the game now. Maybe for that is all about. Cuz you bought the game, then they want you to stop playing it on purpose, so you buy the next game. But it will not be a Blizzard game, Blizzard! I promise you! FRIENDS PLAY THAT GAME! THEY MUST BE ABLE TO JOIN AND PLAY WITH EACH OTHER!

2 Likes

So there IS an active deployment ongoing? Why isn’t there any post about an ongoing maintenance then?

This issue has also been ongoing for at least 12 hours. There’s no way a deployment takes that long so that isn’t the problem…

The fact is that two players can both connect to NA and see a different set of games. They can even create a game with the same name in the same region. We are in separate bubbles and cannot play with each other. Relogging, restarting PC, etc doesnt solve anything. We may get into the same bubble, we may not.

3 Likes

Blizz wants you to follow on twitter instead of using their official forums. They literally do not GAF

1 Like

Even on twitter all I see is some unplanned fix due to an issue last night. This was completed and as of that “fix” has broken the regions up

" [#D2R] The login issues have been resolved. Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience."

1 Like

They have your money, what benefit do they get (profit) from communicating?

ZERO… so… they dont.

1 Like

Thank you for not understanding the issue and just reaching for the easy solution that clearly will not work. It is an Authentication Server issue with .88 and .188 not communicating. IT IS NOT A BUG. IT IS NOT A GAME IP ISSUE. NO AMOUNT OF REMOVING FRIENDS FROM YOUR LIST WILL WORK. You cannot even manually join the game using a custom name///pass for the game in the lobby screen.

Anyone looking for a solution: find out what Authentication server your friend is on and then logging out and trying to get that same Authentication server when you reconnect. If you are trying to join public games good luck and enjoy your temp ban trying to join games. You can check which Authentication server you are on when you log in by using the powershell command without quotes: “netstat -anob | Select-String -Pattern D2R.exe -Context 1,0 | findstr :443 | findstr ESTABLISHED”

Good luck.

5 Likes

Do you know which IP is the “main” one where most people connect to?

It’s not “speculation” though, it’s been proven already?

1 Like