Uber Frenzy gear/stat check

I must say this is a awesome thread topic. I am in the same situation with my frenzy barb. I just got geared up enough to sleepwalk diablo clone and im thinkin i am getting close to taking on the ubers. Only lvl 86 but I have a high roll grief and lawbringer PB im using now. I just got Oath before i got the grief, so I have that in stash with my other old Sword GF. Im thinking i have enough swords that it might be a good time to switch to a5 frenzy merc. He could get my grief and lawbringer keep the treachery and i think tals mask at the moment. And I can use Oath/GF or maybe make Crescent Moon or another Lawbringerā€¦ Im also using Arreats for helm and my other options are Szabi or IK. Im still working on getting + skill gear but i have got 2 warcry GC and anni.

For switching out Arreats i will need to figure out where to add 20 Str for colossus blades 189 req. raven and angelics for jewelry. I have Saracens and a second angelic ring. With 2 rings I can get AR up near 15k but with grief and lawbringer im at around 11k with just the one angelic ring and raven and that has been working for me. I have not tried above player 5 for bosses but last time i ran hell cows i was happy with being able to run away from the party and jus kill on my own and loot at my discretion.

I think im gonna shop for a skulders. I have a decent stockpile of mid runes and 5 ist.

Highlords is another i need to get. By chance what is the goin rate for a BK ring?

got a 13 SOE. LOH and goblin toe. I know i need more CB. Armor is 4 ptops but i also have a set armor that gives like 35 resist all. I can get to max all resist with some charms and specific gearing. But I have been trying to farm gear so I gave up resist for 100 mf. Im still around 40-60 with no armor basically.

48 find item with switch Bo sticksā€¦ i want to pump this but not sure if i need to add more to frenzy synergies. Im not maxing blades or taunt. I was aiming for 10 each. Its not like my current kill speed is that bad. Grief literally melts everything. And for Berserk, i have the one point and with + skill im at around lvl 5 with 5% damage as magic and i have a better time killing phys immunes than my merc. OH a2 might merc with Obedience, as I got lucky and had the runes and found a eth thresher.

I was starting to get into target farming keys. I guess thats the right thing. The organs come from the keys right?

EDIT:
I just got on to check and yea thats about it for my gear options. I do have a CB unbending will I just made but havnā€™t tried out yet.

EDIT: Edit:
I do have a lvl 5 LT knife I shopped a few weeks ago in preparation for Dclone walk.

2 Likes

Well I did it!

I got all the organs with no issues. Then hopped up on excitement I went in and made a noob mistake with my LT hotkey setup, so I flubbed that. Then I was not really paying attention to my life vs. my mercs (which is double dumb b/c you expect him to die, but old habits I guess!) so I died due to stupidity!

I had game permed, so no problem, just lost gold, some XP and ego! Re-buffed but forgot to take thawing pots this time, but didnā€™t end up needing them, as I was able to win anyway. Used a few rejuvies for when I either forgot to LT or it got over-written super fast with decrep.

I recorded the first Uber Trist attempt where I noobā€™d out, but didnā€™t remember to restart recording for second one, so no video.

I may post the first video as a reminder of how to be a noob though haha.

Gear ended up being as discussed in the earlier post(s).

Umā€™d GFace
Highlords
Grief PB main hand, LB PB off hand
2x echoing for pre-buff, LT wand on swap for fight
LoH
Crafted dual leach ring
Raven Frost
SoE
Gore Riders
The anni and torch I described above
Rest of charms are random assortment of AR/life/resistance with a few BCombs.

I think I remembered to use the Arreats to pre-buff cries as well, but not sure if that was the first noob attempt or the second one :confused:

Ended up with a pretty poorly rolled 16/15 Ptorch. I have a zealot so Iā€™ll likely just give it to him.

Time to farm more keys!

EDIT: Apparently I failed to record both times - ended up with a screen shot basically in town and walking 3 steps in town. Iā€™ll try to do better next attempt once I get more keys.

3 Likes

My Zealot has a Frenzy merc mostly just b/c I wanted to try him out and do something different. He has Full Sazabi with LB PB off-hand. He does wreck, although Iā€™m not sure itā€™s enough to make up for not having Might merc. Either way itā€™s PvM so why not. Before he was high enough dex to wear the LB PB, I had it on weapon swap for PIs. Now he takes care of them, so there is thatā€¦

But to your situation, IDK if Iā€™d give up Might Merc on a Barb. Certainly I would wear Grief yourself as itā€™s BiS for most builds. I would stick with Grief PB and LB PB in off hand if I were you, although I did enjoy Oath off hand for some situations where I wanted to hork and not risk freezing.

Only reason to not use Arreats is the Crushing Blow from GFace. Based on advice from Aldo and Crazy Mage, if you have ~>= 50% CB, you have enough for Ubers, so if you get that w/o Arreats, Iā€™d keep Arreats for the res, stats, AR, skills and (IMO) looks. If not, Iā€™d say maybe wait until you have Gface before trying Ubers.

I ran into similar stat issues dropping Arreats, although Gface at least gives 15 STR so only 5 STR drop. Again though, Iā€™d lean away from the CB combos. I am a smidge over 11k AR (with enchant) after respeccing, losing dex from cats eye and losing dex and AR from Arreats, and I did notice missing Baal quite a bit, but still took him down without much trouble.

For Armor you could look into Duress. Pretty cheap and has CB on it, 15 All Res and 30 cold Res I think. I have one that I used to finish Hell difficulty with my starter IK barb (IK 5 and Duress before I got IK Armor) so I may try that instead of Fort and keep Arreats, but Iā€™m guessing the loss of damage from Fort and the lower res will be a step in the wrong direction.

I think most people shoot for around 50%. I had also gone 10 for Taunt and DS and not quite maxed blade mastery, but after re-speccing I maxed blade mastery since I knew I was gunning for Ubers. I think I still ended up in mid-high 40s. I usually use Babas on swap to hork for the GF/MF though, so Iā€™ll have to look at how much Iā€™ve nerfed my dudeā€™s Trav horking haha.

I have found 1 point in Berserk with Grief main hand absolutely shreds PIs if Iā€™m not getting the Decrep proc from LB, so I think itā€™s worth the points, but it does kind of suck wasting points in stun and conc on Frenzy barb. If you use LB PB offhand (and/or Reapers Toll on merc) to proc decrep, then it may be better to save the points. I like the flexibility of having Berserk though, especially since I run w/o LB sometimes.

Yeah you get Key of Terror from Countess, Key of Hate from Summoner, and Key of Destruction from Nihlathak.

You put 1 of each key into the H cube in Act 5 town Hell and transmute to make 3 portals to face the mini Ubers - Lilith, Duriel, and Izual. You get the organs from the mini ubers. Best practice is to make all 3 portals at once, since the one that opens is random, but it canā€™t open twice, so doing it all in one game ensures you wonā€™t waste keys by opening a portal to a mini uber that you already have an organ from.

I am NL but thought Unbending Will might be a fun progression sword. Kinda sucks that youā€™re forced into CB since it has nice %ED that would be wasted on PB and thereā€™s no other 6 OS swords. If you have a Grief I donā€™t think youā€™d have any reason to use it yourself TBH.

Iā€™ve never found it needed on Dclone and didnā€™t need/use it on the mini ubers, but itā€™s definitely good to have in Uber Trist (although not necessary as CrazyMage has shown). Uber Meph has zero drain effectiveness so you canā€™t leach off him, making it really nice there.

Happy Hunting!

1 Like

So much useful info there. Thanks!

Yea for gface if I stick with my runeword pbā€™s I donā€™t need to worry about hitting 189 str for cb. But the GF does have 20% reduced req. And with the oath I can equip gf. I have been testing the two on switch as with oath gf (life boost) I get 200+ health and dmg on nothw swords max is 3k and 2.3. I do see the difference the dual pb makes for hit speed vs ias. But the damage is nice enough I can run into anything and just swing away just a little slower kill speed than greif/lb.

I do have a nice size collection of AR max dmg charms but Iā€™ve been rune farming more than mf so thus the warcry skillers over amping AR and max damage.

Iā€™ve burned one respec on adjusting my str/dex for endgame gear but donā€™t plan on another just for stats even if I went a little nuts on str to hit 189 for cb. Im a sucker for dual cb barb, always have. Blame that on the best base for the cruel prefix ever pre enigmas era.

So sounds like I need to find gface, grind another mule to larz socket, um gface and not sure on merc or if I should worry about him.

Other than Uber setup I think I can run keys pretty easy. Well I have a tele stick but being horker I main switch bo sticks so tele is more of a body recovery backup I seldome use. I canā€™t believe I havenā€™t even found a blue tele ammy lol I cubed 2 on ladder 1 before I finished hell. Rng.

16/15 ptorch isnā€™t poorly rolled, you got a pala torch and 15+/15+ on top. Good job!
Making mistakes is alright, a learning curve. You still managed to win the fight on your own with the better way to do ubertrist as a barb. With time and more repetitions, youā€™ll be ready for hardcore :smiley:

1 Like

hey thatā€™s not a bad torch

when you get druid/assassin 10/12 or 14/10 or similar get back to me :))

Good job on the run, a first death is pretty much guaranted the first time so no worries. gg

1 Like

sounds good yes, if youā€™re non ladder I can hook you up with a gface for free

Btw dual colossus blades are my favourite too, they just look the business compared to any other pair of weapons on baba,

ALDO#2881

2 Likes

Cool thanks for all the help and kind words!

I guess I was misremembering range then on the torch rolls. I did know pally was good based on demand.

You can get a very good barb torch for it or add a bit and get a sorc torch. Or just sell for runes to get enigma at some point.

1 Like

I still donā€™t have enigma or storch so those are neat options definitely!

Coming closer to enigma in hardcore:

2 Likes

OWWW yess! letā€™s goooo

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the torch in question:
Imgur

2 Likes