i believe it should give something that gives the user might
like idk add 200enhanced dmg or
100%cb on it
even enigma has way more strength than tyraels
200 to str

or even a might aura

otherwise rename it to tyraels meh

It needs to have pdr and mdr on it as well
I think its rare find, only ever found 1 i think.

This is a deal breaker for any barbs that want to hork also.

1 Like

And 99.999% of players will never find one single one in their lifetimes.

1 Like

It doesn’t have teleport, so it’s not useful for farming TZs.
It doesn’t have 300% ED, so it’s not going to get used to farm trav on physical builds.
It has less than 65 all res, doesn’t have MF, and has CBF, so it’s bad for sorc.

So basically not getting used end game unless you make it copy Enigma/Fort/CoH.

Frankly about the only thing they could add to Tyreal’s Might that would even make me consider a look at it would be a chunky Fanaticism Aura. And only then if rest in peace was removed.

Personally I’m fine with it staying what it is. An unoptimized collector’s piece.

Tyrales only problem is that so many easy to optain RW exist. The high lvl req. would even prevent you to use it if you find it in a normal playthrough (most probably even if SSF).

We discussed it extensivly in this thread an came up wit a very viable Version of it (usable and along the theme).

Season 5 - Calling to Improve Itemization

1 Like

The frustrating part is Grief and Fortitude both appearing to be obviously ‘bugged’.

Like.
I seriously doubt 300% enhanced damage was supposed to be on the armor AND on the weapon.

And on Grief, untyped damage instead of min+max damage doesn’t work on the character screen because the affix used wasn’t ment to exist on items.

…teleport should have had a cast delay of base 5 seconds and had that reduced by 0.2 seconds for each hard point into Telekinesis.

…and then, Tyrael’s Might would still need something like 35% damage reduction OR +2 to skills to be viable for anything.

Ehh Fortitude is fine honestly. 300% ED isn’t even all that much damage at the end of the day. I usually opt out of using it. Many physical builds already get so much off weapon ED that the 300% barely makes a dent. I’d rather have MF/Gold Find in the chest slot over Fort in almost every situation.

Grief should have always been +320-400 max damage. It’s existence made it basically the only one hand melee weapon for any physical build that can use swords.

I 100% have to diagree with that nerfed teleport. All that does is make everyone play sorc.

Tyreal’s Might is just another useless item, nothing special about it other than it’s “kind of” rare. There really isn’t a niche left for it to cover that something else doesn’t already do.

Sorc also gets the same timers on teleport, obviously, and it can be lowered to a minimum of 1.

Teleport is one instance of a skill that has a million ways from sunday to defend a cooldown.
You literally move your entire mass from one place to another at the speed of light, once cast, and through walls at that.

Unlike skills that merely cost mana, and don’t immediately appear to alter your physical body or otherwise prevent you from using these skills again, there’s dozens of ways to defend a cooldown on teleport.

Disorientation sickness, immense fatigue not shared by any other skill, it being dangerous to your bodily integrity, the ability needing to be charged rather than the cast delay being a cooldown, it’s a warm-up…

For some strange reason I have a ‘link notification’ bringing me to you comment and I have no idea why.

Tyrael’s Might was the centerpiece for my melee sorceress.
I had:
+30 str Tyraels Might
+15 Dracs
+15 eth sandstorms
+10 Azure
+20 Rare ring
+20 Rare ring
+20 Anni
+20 Torch
Maras +5attrib
2x +5str/Lightningdmg LC’s

That’s +175 strength.

That allowed her to wear Spirit Ward (unique), Crown of Ages, along with Verdungos.

She did 30k damage per swing at about 62500dps.
No bears. No auras (aside from more or less useless salvation).

She did magic (azure) cold (azure) lightning (charms) poison (charms) fire (enchant) phys (azure) with every swing, and she even solo’d uber tristram once with admitted difficulty.

With no points in strength or energy, everything went to dex enough for 75% block, and the rest to vitality. She had capped and overpowered resists (especially when spirit ward cast fade) and 46% physical damage reduction from Dungos, Coa, ber runes. She had 2400 hit points as a sorc, and she had a tendency to outtank barbarians and paladins for some reason.

That armor is a niche piece.

If anything, I would say that the +strength needs to be derandomized. Make it +30. Period. When trying to rebuild this character on d2r, that’s been the biggest pain—finding a +30 str tyrael. They’re stupidly rare already, they shouldn’t have that much variance to start with given their rarity. It literally has it in the name. “tyrael’s MIGHT” which says “it should always be MIGHTY.” Let the rest of the things be variable that are variable.

Add +3 to class skills
Replace @res by 12lvl Salva
Add Teleport
Add perm 3 socks
Increase frw to 40-50%
Add 20fcr

XD

Bye bye nigma

That would be super OP. Especially 3 OS are not an option imho.

The goal should be (in my personal opinion) to give it a different twist then the other “good” armors. But it should be only on par with those not the next OP and broken item. Right?

I still say the real question is “Tyrael’s Might: Why Should it be Good?
Last I checked Tyrael kinda sucked. Man needed a rush just to finish the game.

You see it’s no so much “rare” as the smith’s making them were embarrassed about the name, so only did a limited run. Then they started getting recalls. Was a whole thing.

yes, I command ye to bring it forth.

tyraels armor is made from divinity, it SHOULD be the most powerful artifact in the game. A salv aura and tele is paying homage to the angiris councel

1 Like

no salv. salv makes all minions elementally immune, even at skill level 1.

I think Salvation be a cool idea if TM couldn’t be equipped on mercs, then you’d have to tradeoff Enigma for it. Not that 99.9% of people would though. :laughing: That leaves the problem of Iron Golem I suppose.

Not that Blizz could be bothered to add a “merc equippable” column in the .txts either, that’d be cool for mods.

After countless discussions, this was the final version we came up with for buffs to TM…

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502
Required Level: 84
Required Strength: None
+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+50-100% Damage To Demons
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20-30 To Strength
All Resist +20-30
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%