Treachery runeword increase str req of armor?

hey,
so someone had an ornate plate with 170 strength requirement. He placed the runes and said the armor then had a strenght req of 185.
Is this normal mechanics or is it a bug? i couldnt find anything on this on the internet

Not possible, unless he previously had hel runes in the item or jewel with - requirements mod. Then used hel rune recipe to remove socketed stuff and it went back to its original value, but that is not your use case.

Also ethereal mod lowers str/dex requirements.
There is no way in game to increase str/dex requirement of an item from its base value only to decrease it.

1 Like

Ornate plate should always be 170, I am not aware of anything with negative percentage to requirements.

2 Likes

ok thank you, good to know, ill see then

ah maybe yes.

maybe he had lionheart in it then removed runes to make treachery - thus losing the Hel effect.

*nvm he just lied to you i guess D:

Ornate plate str req is 170 though so hel would have made it lower and removing would have returned to 170 - not bumped higher than 170.

2 Likes

ty for your replies guys, that helped. i think it was just a misunderstanding. they guy took off an armor that gave him strength before or stuff

That sounds about right. Something to note is that you can’t equip an item you dont have the reqs for, even if equipping the item would give you the reqs for it. So if you had 190 str and was wearing an ornate plate giving 20 str and you took off a charm with 1 str, you can’t wear the plate anymore.

1 Like