Trapasin, few points in fire worth it?

hello there,

I am working my way through nightmare with a lightning trapasin and have on some occasion gone up against some lightning immune. Is it worth throwing a few points in fire traps to get around that? I can see it is def not the output of lightning, but is it worth it to put a few points to make a more well rounded char?

A few point in fireblast as you go will help. It makes your Death Sentry fire more. But you are better off mind blasting them, converting them and let them fight each other. Then DS them!

you know i never thought about doing it that way, thanks for the tip!

I would max fireblast.

1 Like

I think cloak of shadows is 1000x better than mind blast. It disables the entire screen with one cast for like 10 seconds or something insane.

I totally agree Cloak is amazing. I tend to use them differently. I also like the chaos!

If I am facing a big group (usually melee) and I want them to clump up so DS can finish them off, Mind blast works great.

Cloak is great for shutting things off, especially the ranged attackers. If I have to deal with too many ranged I Cloak them and enjoy the quiet.

i max fireblast last skill. with +skills and a merc you can kil whatever you need with death sentry, merc, fireblast, np’s.

Mb can be a nouisance sometimes,just cast 1 time vs normal creeps,if not there will be too much conv thus loss of time.On hell/night vs champ/elite cast 4 ls,1 ds,then spam mb and in case of light immu alternate mb with fireblast.1 point in blast is enough(will get higher with +skill eventually)but fire blast need to be at least +15 on hell to be effective.

“i occasionally encounter a few lightning immunes in nm…” just wait until you get into hell…you will encounter many many many more lightning immunes… you will encounter bosses with both lightning and fire immunity.