Transformed Druid needs weapon icon indicator

So I have been playing a werewolf Druid lately, something I had never really played much before, and I have come to realise it’s very annoying in hell difficulty if you can’t visually see whether you are using your number 1 weapon or number 2. I usually have a main weapon and then a secondary weapon to deal with physical immunes and on every other character you can tell immediately by looking at your character which weapon they are using. But with the werewolf always looking the same regardless of equipment it’s impossible to tell unless you open the inventory to check which is annoying mid combat. I am not proposing they change the character art work but if they could just add an icon or something in the corner which shows which weapon he is using it would be great.

1 Like

I agree. I have a Harmony Xbow without ammo on swap (big red ammo icon on screen) and the valkyrie skill as one of my main hotkeys (controller, faded red once shaped because you can’t summon valk while shifted…), but still I have the wrong Swap active sometimes.

Wait do you mean to say that as a werewolf you can use missile weapons without arrows/bolts and still get their damage/stats???

1 Like

Yes. That is indeed the case. My walking WB loves Harmony for the vigor aura and elemental damage vs PIs (until merc procs decrep or if the immunity doesn’t break).
I have it in a demon crossbow I think, or Chu-Ko-Nu. But a hunter’s bow requires a lot less dex. I wanted the faster attack speed though.
I know Lawbringer or just Reapers on myself are great options for the swap, but I’m addicted to that vigor aura.

I wouldn’t hate the idea of being able to swap colour of one or both globes when weapon swapping. It should be noticeable and not introducing new icons to keep track on (like my swap has yellow/golden mana globe). And 100% optional.

Ah mind blown! Here I was thinking I have to have arrows equipped.

I mean…may as well have the arrows equipped, unless you like looking at a red item on your equipment screen

As for the topic, you can always just…keep track yourself. It’s an old school way, but effective. It’s like being able to do simple math in your head rather than reaching for your phone and calculator, sometimes somethings you know…you can be responsible for and do yourself. It’s really a non-issue

That kind of defeats the possibiility to see if you have your weapon swap…
And it’s not so simple as to keep track as sometimes the swap isn’t registered.
Otherwise it wouldn’t be an issue.
You obviously play a lot of SS Druid that utilises weapon swap frequently and have just never ran into this issue…

I think just having a small “I” or “II” right next to your left-click skill to show which weapon is active should suffice. A simple but effective change.

Except it’s not as easy as you think. Sometimes if you’re in the middle of an attack animation the weapon doesn’t switch when you press the hotkey and you have no way of knowing when you’re in werewolf form and at higher levels a split second of having the wrong weapon selected can mean death.