Tornado aiming?

God I hope it’s less clunky -_-

But if not, still my first hc took:D

3 Likes

typically you want to aim past the target.

its a bit more then that, seems if you dont fire in one of the directions that you can move in, the game will “default” to the closest angle that it knows, resulting in the “unweildly” feel

1 Like

Right this is Certainly Noticeable when Trying to aim nado @ the baal waves LOl

Yes, Nado is about aiming past. It’s very similar to the amazon’s multiple shot as the farther away from your toon you fire, the tighter the spread.

It feels a bit odd at first to be clicking on the edge of your screen to hit a mob right next to you, but I promise you’ll have better results with that then trying to click right on it.

And yes, the nado has always had some issues with pathing when it came to obstructions. But I’ve used obstructions at times to funnel my nado’s as well, so there’s a give and take there too.

Tornado has always been 1000% annoying to aim. BUT, it adds something kinda cool to the best class in the game.

(unbiased, jk im totally biased)

2 Likes

A think 1000% annoying is missing the mark by 100-fold. Aiming past the monster works…sometimes. But most of the time I can get within kissing distance and still miss every effing time. This seems to be happening most often on Ghosts (which I can’t damage unless my brain-dead merc gets involved).

Whoever created the “aiming” mechanism for the Wind Druid should be banned from ever using a computer again.

1 Like

Dude!! R U serious?! It’s not the case you can’t hit ghosts with tornado, it’s rather you can’t damage ghosts with tornadoes, all ghosts in hell are immune to physical damage ( which is damage type that tornado does), so either you get your emilio to reaper toll / decrepify the ghosts, or simply get other type of damage. For example hurricane does cold, which is sometimes ok’ish, though ghost bosses often come immune to cold as well, then either decrepify, or have that crushing blow/ open wounds on your merc.

I did mention in my post about needing my merc (yes, got RT). The problem is that even after Decrepify procs, my stupid Tornados just refuse to go anywhere near them. This was brutal in AS and Tal Rasha’s Tomb.