Time to make shrine interesting and equally so

that would be great. maybe Lysander and Alkor could sell some magic versions from time to time. they seem like they were set up to sell more potions. maybe just forgotten about.

No they should not, that would be far too OP. What they should do is apply to every player around the shrine or each player gets the shrine regardless if another player clicks it first.

I could get behind this, it is a POS, also not a gamer breaker.

No this isnt constructive and doesnt really matter except I know you, you want to nerf those who grab and exp shrine and head to the baal run…

Nah they are fine as is, if anything, add more shrines, MF shrine, rune shrine, ect.

1 Like

I whole heartedly agree with TC.
Shrines ate useless in hell no point of them justvtye ones that refill life, mana and wells.
The rest are useless curses just erase them.

Some on this topic are saying no which is stupid if you ask me. These people dont seem to understand that you have to find stuff to make the game easy but in this case it makes it easy for the duration of the shrine. Its not like your on god mode. This is a good idea to help more with battle.
Also this is a good way of not being cursed as now we have a defence. PvP the mechanic of curses can remain the same.

1 Like

This game already exists. It’s called D3.

3 Likes

I have no interest in making an already “very easy” game even easier. By today’s video game standards D2R(D2 also) are easy. Heck D2 was easy even for it’s time.

Yeah and I also advocate for the game to have harder content alongside most content mechanic improvements I suggest

I don’t care if by improving a mechanic it means that it gives it a bit more power in the process, ultimately it would be overridden by another mechanic improvement but on the game difficulty itself as well

You’d need to implement so many things to make your dream game come true. It would be an entirely different game if we implemented all your ideas.

I feel like you don’t enjoy the game because the amount of suggestions for alterations you post would make it pretty much an entirely different game.

If you are unhappy find a game that makes you happy. Life is too short to be miserable and full of complaints. Ya know?

3 Likes

Nah it would still be the same game, just better

Stop acting like a doomsday purist

There is a wonderful place called D3 or PoE that proves “Doomsday Purists” as you call them have A LOT to worry about when a ton of random bad ideas get tossed around.

1 Like

I don’t have a significant point of view on 1) and believe that 2) would be a positive for the game (losing shrines at the first oblivion knight or succubus you encounter is annoying).
3) seems like a lot of dev for very little benefit, though I wouldn’t have an issue with that change.

As for the shrine changes, most suggested changes look like change for the sake of change, rather than properly thought changes.
I could see stamina shrine also giving movement speed in order to have it be actually useful, but certainly not attack speed which is just extra power for the sake of extra power.
I could also see resistance shrines give a little bit of max res (5 or 10%), but certainly not increase character damage.
All the rest looks like a buff for the sake of increasing the shrine power, when they currently do their job perfectly well.
Combat shrine is already one of the strongest shrines out there and already buffs attack rating in addition to damage. Why do you want to buff it even more?
Refilling, Health and Mana shrines are already shrines many players (myself included) like finding while playing. Buffing them is unnecessary, even more so if it’s going to give free full rejuvs or monstrous character buffs.
Mana Regen shrine already does its job properly. At most, you could buff the regen through flat mana regen, but the suggested buff doesn’t look like a good incentive.
Portal shrine is there to give portals, not to get players to skip exploration. It would be more constructive to occasionally give access to a nice extra grinding area.
A good change to monster shrine would be to have it work similarly to the act 5 evil urns, rather than have it be a convoluted modifier that requires you to chain kill monsters for 5 minutes.
And gem shrines are already very nice finds that a lot of players are very happy with. There’s really no need to force an extra timed buff onto them just for the sake of it.

As for explosive and poison shrines, you are juste looking for new shrines, not an alteration of the existing shrines. There’s a point that could be made to simply remove them in nightmare and hell difficulties, where they are no longer relevant, but the change you are suggesting is not a rework, it is purely stealing their place for a new shrine.
And fire shrine, I think it needs a more complex rework to make it exploitable, while keeping its spirit, which your suggestion does not.

After seeing how you suggest how you think they should be changed to be more interesting… you seem to be the one that can’t properly think changes lol

My suggestions aren’t changes to be changes, they add value to the shrines making them very interesting to grab. Giving some dual purpose insures there’s at least 1 interesting factor to them

Then :

1. Why are you requesting to have :
  • Combat Shrine grant “always hit”, when it already buffs attack rating?
  • Monster shrine grant extra elite monsters over time, when it already gives an elite monster?
  • Gem shrine give extra gem and rune drop chance, when it already improves an existing gem or gives a free one?
    That’s not dual purpose, that’s just more of the same, in convoluted ways, for the sake of change.
  1. Why are you under the impression that shrines need to always be interesting to grab?
  • Combat Shrine grant “always hit”, when it already buffs attack rating?

To have attack builds on equal ground with spells for a mere moment

If you are against this then you should ask for spells to have attack rating then lol

• Monster shrine grant extra elite monsters over time, when it already gives an elite monster?

It’s called a mini game mate… try to kill as many as you can within the allocated time

You aren’t punished if you are slow, just kill as many as you can

• Gem shrine give extra gem and rune drop chance, when it already improves an existing gem or gives a free one?

I never said it was a bad shrine, but it should could use some spice up

This once again turns the shrine into a mini-game

Pushing people to actually kill the monsters of the area when they encounter such shrine rather than just zooming pass the area to get to the boss

You don’t need to pick them… nor they are always interesting, your fireball sorc won’t care much about the lightning shrine, but when she crosses a fire shrine, hype will be to the rende vous and this my friend is what the game needs, excitement moments

So, 2 mini-games, and 1 effect because you don’t like how spells and attacks function differently. Plus, you aren’t exactly following on your :

How am I not justified in believing that it’s change for the sake of change? Or, seeing how you want to add minigames in D2, that you want a game that is vastly different in spirit to Diablo 2, more akin to PoE or D3?

1 Like

I like the idea that mobs curses don’t overwrite your shrine buffs. Shrines in chaos are so worthless, seems like an oversight.

1 Like

It always great to be reminded that more people with commun sense still roam these forums

But aren’t curses avoidable? Like if you actually try to avoid them instead of spam farming? I swear there is this little orange dot animation thing telling you the general area of where a curse is about to be placed.

But I’m old. Senile. Could be remembering this wrong.

Edit: If you are mobile you tend to avoid them right?

In my experience, the way to avoid them is to interrupt the caster before they end casting it, not to try to get out of the area of effect. Globally, though, even doing your best, if you don’t have some summons to lure the curses on them, you will end up getting cursed.

probably if you’re ranged hiding behind valk / Shadow / Beasts / Skeletons / merc. not so much if you’re on melee

I rarely ever get cursed BUT I do not play a ton of melee either.