Throwing weapons

Hi

I tried a throwing barb. I like this build but i 'd like to know what’s the best couple of throwing weapons for this build.

I currently use eth lacerator, which seemed to be the best weapon, and gimmershred flying axe (don’t have better yet and don’t know what i should buy to replace it).
In fact, i don’t like lacerator because of the stupid “hit causes monster to flee” effect that makes the weapon unplayable.

So … what weapons are the best ?

I’m also using a lacerator (non-eth until I find better) and a gimmershred, Gimmer in main hand.

I tend to not have a problem with physical immunes using the Gimmer. Not sure I need the proc, maybe for rare cases. Two Gimmers or a Gimmer and a Demon’s Arch may work just as well - both have big elemental damage. If you want raw speed, eth warshrikes are supremely fast.

I’ve used rares with 5% chance of amp damage, and they don’t really proc enough. I think any of the ethereal uniques (except Wraith Flight, too slow) or any really good rares can work, depending on what you want. Best in slot will be two big damage ethereal rares with IAS and other mods on them, hopefully a big elemental and some leech.

my throwing barb has a Warshrike and a Gimmershred, both none ethereal. i don’t have Lacerator but i know how annoying the flee effect is. currently i’m satisfied with the gear, would be better if i can get the ethereal version

I haven’t had eth ones yet but I have done well using 2 Gimmers and 2 Warshrikes. I might start out with the 2 Gimmers and when I find a target that seems more resistant I will press ‘w’ and switch to the Warshrikes to see if they work better and vice versa.

I’m using 2 spears sold from Fara act 2 nightmare. I’m level 51. LOL

I could respec my online barb but meh, wanted to try it in single player without hero editor.

Edit: I said the vendor’s name was jaina? Must have been playing some heroes of the storm a lot when I wrote this. Changed to the correct vendor’s name Fara.

1 Like

In concept, a throwing weapon causing monsters to flee is a good idea. However, Lacerator causing mosters to flee is annoying because throwing axes and throwing knives do not have a long range, which should be changed; either directly by item, or increased via mastery. ( I like increasing range via mastery better, as that is more logical )

I found two Gimmer from Countess while doing rune runs.
Is Gimmer the best weapon for throwing barb? If so, does that mean I should play throwing barb in the future?

Google Photos

Good luck.

Fools could work too instead of the 150 Ed ar mod.

1 Like

Best use of Lacerators is to clear cows in players 8. 1 point in throw or maybe 0 points. Use stand still button, throw into big herd of cows. As soon as Amp Damage is up weapon-switch to your double Griefs or BotD/Death BAs or whatever and whirl the cows down.

You can do cows too now :smiley: