Thoughts on Sunders dropping like candy?

Was it really necessary to make Sunder charms drop like candy?

Drops like candy:

  • Bad sunders given out for free, tossed away, or sold for Pgems; adds nothing to the trade economy.
  • Hype and excitement removed when seeing a unique GC drop
  • Dumbs down the game and gives it a cheap vibe

Sunder charms don’t drop like candy:

  • EXTREME hype when seeing a unique GC drop (may be the most important thing here)
  • Gives Terror Zones much more definition as a farming area
  • Emphasizes FFA loot - basically everyone would be on the lookout for the Sunder to drop
  • Even the bad sunders would be something to be proud about; all sunders traded in the economy for a variety of mid to high tier items.

I’m not saying make them drop like Zod runes. I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶3̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶ ̶T̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶ ̶Z̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶B̶l̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶D̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶ (looks like they were sharing drops and I mistook it for multiple item finds) Even Neopets valued the concept of rare items (which is what made it a good game, yeah that’s right, Neopets was a good game). Why do 2022 modern game devs not give a s*** about this stuff?

5 Likes

I agree. My sorc is 89 hc. My goal for the season was gather some sunder charms and test them out. Really didn’t think it would be this easy. Kinda bored now.

2 Likes

Yeah that sucks. Terror Zones could have provided much more value to the game and trade economy.

The only redeeming thing Blizzard could do right now is make them seasonal and not transfer them to NL. If they go through with it, I’ll be forced to put on my tin foil hat.

To be fair, everything but cold sunders are nearly useless. The real issue is the cold sunder. Thing should be rarer than a Zod.

1 Like

Are they useless because you need to gear up first before you can use them? If so then I don’t understand why they would need a high drop rate. It makes sense to make them the true end game item. It’s ridiculous that it went the opposite route.

Yeah, like lightning sunder doesn’t do anything until you have griffons and infinity anyway.

1 Like

Do you have to be a certain level for them to drop because I still haven’t found one. Done at least 50 TZ’s now on Hell. Sorc is level 80 now been farming since 70

Sounds like bad rng, or your kill speed is very slow. Also, I believe they can only drop off champions/bosses, so just skipping trash and resetting the game is best.

I am just tying to get one whole set. Today found 4 colds and that was it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I made a fohdin thinking that theres no way sunders would be rdy day 1, damn blizz mops the floor with everything and cold sunders are easy to get now!

1 Like

I don’t agree. I don’t have one yet. Make a low drop rate and Delete everyone’s sunder charms,I agree.

Honestly? Yes because they are not even that good.

Most of them is quite useless without other end game gear. So i dont see a point making them very rare.

1 Like

Atleast we know reason why you want that :joy:.

I did probably about 5 hours of TZs in Hell over the weekend on my summon druid. Didn’t get one either. Got bored since summoner was a bit slow, but still killed a couple hundred elites. Just got my Zealer prepared to tackle Hell, so hopefully in a couple of nights, he’ll fair better on luck. While magic find might not have influence, if people are dropping them like candy, I wonder if they are doing them in full games, since I theorize that player count might influence drop rate like it does with pandemonium keys

In any case, drop rates should be fair and achievable, else they don’t do the job that they were created for in allowing multiple builds to farm. They still are not really great even on their own, with the exception of cold one on a Sorc which will still be outpaced by the other elements in end game gear

2 Likes

Now i am speculating here but my guess is maybe they are trying to add seasonal themes like D3 if that is the case sunders will be a thing in the past.
Well if this is the case i would welcome this and i know many wont be happy.

How to get at least one?? Any tips? If you say they are so common why i can’t find even 1? I farm terror zones all day long. Was it nerfed already?

Amazing decision for sure. Drop Rates in general need to adapt for 4 month seasons.

They need to unnerf them though for more build diversity.

If this is the case, then it’s not a big deal at all. I don’t think they should transfer them to NL unless that’s what NL players really want.

From what I’ve read/observed, it seems like they drop more frequent than Gheeds. I don’t have a ladder character yet so I can’t verify myself.

My first impression was also disappointment about the drop rates. Anyway I think it may be a reason, that the drop rate was previously bugged (find item) and the high drop rate almost erases the economic advantage some players got.

Except for cold sorcs the charms are not overpowered early on and just make some more areas farmable, so in terms of usage the drop rates are even ok.

My suggesttion:
Add a second Tier of Sunder charms which are REALLY rare and have an additional “reduces Monster X resistance by (20-30?)%”. Maybe even make them large charms to distinguish them the moment they drop (not sure if this is OP though…).
What do you think about this?

1 Like

Yeah except Cold, as this one will put the Blizz sorc on overdrive regardless of gear.
Rest is less effective true, but not useless, most elements have options to reduce resistance without endgear (at least I don’t call items like Wizendraw, Cresent Moon and Lower Resist wands and similar items endgear), through it would not be always delete everything before it could possible fight back, but especially in low HP area’s (or extreme high damage builds) this could help killing most things regardless of immunities.