This really should not be a thing in 2021

i would be careful about posting a video that shows something that is against the eula unless blizzard has made a post somewhere that says using the 3rd party software in this way is okay with d2r but i haven’t seen a blue post about it.

That would require game changes which the #nochangers would hate

Others have replied, but I just wanted to stress the fact that there are ways to skew the chances in your favor to get Dclone, and these are not even related to the game itself. There’s not a single other thing in this game that can be made easier by doing something like IP tracking. This is the problem here: people are getting unfair advantages because they know that you have to track the IP to get into a game that has a higher chance to get DClone. That’s not even something that’s built into the game. THAT is the problem.

Checking what server your computer is connecting to isn’t againt any EULA. You can literally block your modem from connecting to certain IPs and Blizzard has no authority over that.

any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods

It’s not a cheat tho, it’s just how it was set 20 years ago. It really should have been reworked, 99% of the regular gamers will never see the end game content

it is a cheat as defined by the eula, you are using software to give yourself an advantage in game over someone else by joining a specific IP for a loot drop.

If blizzard comes out and makes a statement saying it okay to do at some point in the future that would be different because then they expressly authorize it but atm they haven’t, and given their willingness to say anything to the d2r community since launch i don’t feel that is happening any time soon.

Hell no. No no no no. Please, no.

You don’t need software to know what IP you’re on though, it automates it sure, but commands will get the same result. The issue is its current setup, easily abused to benefit the few.

Only ones that can argue the current system works well are Anni farmers that organize the runs.

2 Likes

You did read the 1:720 chance part, right? If the average walk happened once a week, it take on average nearly 14 years for a walk to happen for someone who never sold a SoJ. Even if it was a walk once a day, it’d average one walk every 2 years for someone who never sold a SoJ. And this is the BEST CHANCE SCENARIO of these players being in a Hell difficulty game 24/7.

Running the netstat command which is on every Windows computer does not violate the EULA. You have every right to analyze what IPs your computer is connected to at whatever port.

The original dclone spawn method is flawed.

1 Like

yes i agree you have every right to analyze the IP’s your computer connects too but it is against the EULA to use software to target IP addresses unless blizzard states otherwise.

i agree, there are a lot of parts of the game that are flawed though i don’t see any of them as giving you the right to cheat or brake the eula though.

Eh. I don’t like it, but I like it. Learn some bash/cmd and networking, guys. Then you too can laugh at the kind of misinformation and misinterpretation that others have about how all this works :smiley:

In all seriousness, the idea of selling something to spawn the big guy isn’t bad. And of course, he needs to perhaps spawn either region-wide or locally or globally, depending on what the item being sold is. They really should change the sold item from SOJ to something else though. That problem no longer exists, so maybe sell some runeword items or something. There should be a way for items to exit the global item pool imo.

The big distinction would be a program that you enter the last digits you want and it auto joins/leaves till it finds it, or, a program that does the net lookup and just reads out the IP.

First one bad, second one can’t really qualify.

Blizzard can’t enforce the EULA for using netstat. You can say “nuh uh” all you want, but it’s the truth.

i already said it was fine to look at network info lol why are you repeating yourself?

so by that you mean that increased the duped sojs? because people trying to farm cDiablo?