This is what it's like to play D2R (right now)

Dear Blizzard,

Here is a perspective on what it’s like to play D2R at this time. I have a few minutes during the day and I think “Let’s do a few runs!” and log in. I wait in queue for 10-30 minutes which s nearly half my allotted time to play. Then, when I finally get in to the servers, I scan game names to level on Baal. I find one after scanning the list repeatedly. Click on it to see the game time and if it’s an active or long dead game. Nothing shows up in the description until the game vanishes. I keep scanning. There’s one! Click enter. “Game is Full” is what I read on the pop-up. I find another, click to join. Since I failed to join a full game, I am looking at a pop-up saying there is an “Issue communicating with the game servers.” This lasts 1-2 minutes before I can try again. Okay, I get it! I play, we kill Baal and I gain a level. Yay. The game host types “ng” and so I exit and type the game with with the next number. The next thing I see is that the game is “No longer available” because I typed it in faster than the host. I try again, this time I am looking at the familiar issue communicating with game servers message for yet another 2 minutes. Now I have lost this game series and have to start over looking for a new one. I find one! Yay. This time I’m going to be patient and wait a little longer for the host to make the next game. I count to a mindful 3. Join and look at a game is full pop-up followed by an issues communicating with game servers AGAIN. By this time, 2 hours have past and I’m all out of game time.

This is simply unacceptable! Diablo 2 is a great game, but right now it is simply horrific to play. FIX THIS or you will lose your player base. Nothing about this is remotely close to fun right now.

Thank you.

138 Likes

+1 describes my experience perfectly.

27 Likes

I just launch Grim Dawn and have a blast.

7 Likes

Great game and it ACTUALLY WORKS. :clown_face:

1 Like

I like your post OP.

Such manners. It’s a refreshing change. :smiley:

4 Likes

There is zero queue right now as you type this, what are you going on about?

Stop spamming game joins when you know that’s the issue they’re timing. If you get one Baal run in two hours that is 100% on you.

1 Like

Very much hit it on the head… ^5s bro

1 Like

I don’t care about free speech lol what are you talking about? I’m not the government and I didn’t silence anyone. If you say there’s a queue and there isn’t one I will call you out, that is free speech, if you’re mad at Joe Biden or whatever go email the White House but it won’t change what the queue is.

Has Grim Dawn been updated since it launched? I mean it was really good when it launched. I’m just wondering if there’s totally new content to come back to.

I gave path of exile another try yesterday but I just couldn’t get back into it. Way too zoomed in; what’s up with that? And like, I just want to farm for some rare drops man, not rebuild a car’s transmission from the ground up.

4 Likes

Bro i feel you so bad. WTF is this you paid 55$ buck to wait in line ? i only got like 1hr to play this Sunday morning and i cant play cause of the server queue. This is unacceptable!
This is only AND ONLY cause blizzard don’t want to spend money on another server.
This game will die as fast as warcraft3 remake if they don’t fix this. Pitiful as a french speaker i have difficulty explaining how mad i am this morning. This is just another example of the mentality of this company they just want cash they don’t care about there player base.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m 451 in queue right now, probably will not end up playing. Playing and joining games like I and other players have in the past just does not seem possible right now. The release price was pretty big and it seems no money spent on servers??

Game is unplayable online for many players at present

4 Likes

You’re either a complete idiot or being willfully ignorant if you read OPs post and took away that his main complaint was queue times.

1 Like

Exactly! Except morning my time is typically a longer queue to join. Currently sitting at #417 and hasn’t moved in 10 minutes…

try this you will have a blast cancel queue, join queue, cancel, join, cancel,join
watch your queue position switch from 451 to 322 to 380 to 460 to 290

1 Like

So, the only problem i have here, is that, i’m not so sure we are all seeing the same queue. Short of being here (my position now), and half way across the country, or world, there is no way for me to verify this…

That said, i have done a few tests at exact times others have posted, and i have seen some wildly different results.

All i’m saying, is that i wouldn’t base everyone’s experience on just 'my local info ’

1 Like

Well D2RF (Diablo2:Resurrected Forums) is so much more fun than offline D2R.

So now my gratuitous plug for bring back TCP/IP. The excuse we found a security vulnerability in TCP/IP so we removed it is a red herring argument d2:lod has tcp/ip and it has the same vulnerability why isnt it removed?

1 Like

I totaly agree with you, is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.
They bring the game back, they EARN a LOT OF MONEY from who loves to play this game, but they are simply not caring about improve game servers to allow everyone to play in the short tima that each one has.
Seems that they are doing this just to use the money to finish other projects inside Blizzard.
There was a time, years ago, when I thought that Blizzard knows exactly what they are doing and was the best choice for the players, miss that time honestly.

1 Like

You really are one of the lucky ones… sat through the Queue (295th position) only to finally get my number called… then I get booted out… Rejoin Queue to find myself now at 503rd position. So what this really amounts to is I paid to stand in line. This will be the last blizzard product I buy because really thats the only way they will take my complaint seriously. Waited 20 years for this relaunch and can honestly say I am very disappointed

4 Likes

Queue 536 reported in

What a fun weekend day of playing!
First game i try to join i get booted by connection error and back to queue 450.
4 hours of waiting and not a single game played !!!

3 Likes