This game desperately needs p8 (& more slots+stash, ploot, classic shared stash, charm inventory, etc.)

A counterargument is if you do not like the fact that D2R changed relative to D2 at rekease, in patches, and in the future, one can still play D2 as it was.

D2R is a live service game with bakance changes, new runewords, etc…

1 Like

You do realize of course that everyone who says “droprates are fine, always have been” only think so because the markets have always been flooded with items found by player run bots.

3 Likes

Don’t use logic and common sense please, how dare you. The sad part is no matter how much you write it and try to make people more aware of it by educating them, the more they ignore you and go into robotic “go play D3!!”.

D2Communism streamer: “Drop rates are fine!”. His “helpers” found him a Jah and Ber second (or was it first) day on Ladder most likely by cheating/abusing the game, or FG/$$.

Isn’t that what I just said? If market is flooded with items due to people bot on players 1… What would happen if they start bot on players 8 ? Can you guess?

Yes and no

Sure the player command would be a nice thing

But it would be great if the buff came from ingame actions rather than console

Monsters get harder the more players

Would be fun if they also get harder… the lesser of them are remaining

1 Like

If market is already flooded without p8, what is your concern?

1 Like

i agree 100 percent most of those streamers end up in almost bis or perfect gear and charms, because they get it for FREE. You literally have guys in fully decked out pvp toons with 45 life charms and 20 5 scs. If not those streamers are close instead of 45 lifers its 35-40 lifers and 17-5-19-5 life res small charms.

These guys are literally playing diablo2 10 -12 hours a day, some guys are using bots some are using forum gold on d2jsp that they have saved on there for years. We need a charm inventory , one where you get the benefits from said charms, any charms in your regular invertory give no benefits. The charm inventory would be the same size and your regular invetory.

We need gem and rune stacking. We need item stacking make it so if you have spirit you can stack up to 10 spirit sword on one toon. We need to increase the max toons of 20 to 80.

2 Likes

I have 10 spirit packs available for an ist if you want. Includes hel.

I have made 5 such trades :stuck_out_tongue: how about you?

My only gripe is that you can’t stack runes.
I feel that would be a very welcomed change.

1 Like

I just want game sniping to go away. /players x is already on bnet via game sniping. Also it’s available to any streamer. Might as well just add it. It’s not like bots aren’t already running with /players 8 at will.

Yup. All good features that would be fun. If people quit over any of those changes, I’d argue that they didn’t love D2, but loved some personal ability to be smug. Like those who don’t want to improve item drop chances, they enjoy being “the ones” with the gear. If you’re the type that quits a game after you’ve finalized your build, then you don’t love the game… you love pulling a lever on a slot machine.

Honestly ideas flow like water once you accept the fact that D2 is not a good game.

3 Likes

People got Enigma/Infinity/etc. even for a whole team in like 24 hours.
A level 99 happened before even a week.
Most games are private, most people play solo.

Yet, some still argue even today that Player X Command/ploot would somehow destroy the economy, destroy the group kill and destroy exping. Ironic.

So still zero counter logical argument, still Blizzard not giving the majority what they want. Oh well, I guess they are happy with the poor sales and poorer player retention. DI and DIV are way better investments for them, anyways.

2 Likes

if things are done the game will die over-time quickly. They need to do players ploot or players x . The ploot would encourage players to team up more and work together.
ITs been almost 8 months and still 70 percent of d2 don’t have no enigma and cta. There are rarely duel games up because people don’t even have the gear.

Game is already dead, and this was the first “Ladder”. Diablo III still has more players than this bot-haven mindless game.

The problem is the drop rates also gate-keep the gameplay. This game should be about experimenting builds and creating new characters but nah, can’t do that, have to be human-robot and do same thing all day just for a slight chance. Is this even a video game at this rate?

tldr; tons of valid counter arguments made
“no counter arguments yet”
“purist brain”

dont waste another second reading this thread

Ironically, you did spend time not only reading but also posting this. More ironically is you also did not even present ONE logical counter argument.

Ironic, indeed.

So yeah: Zero logical counter argument still, but who cares, Blizzard probably moved on as this does not worth the investment lol.

There have been arguments made on both sides with pros and cons. In general, there are compelling arguments for several changes suggested in this thread.

1 Like

Mostly all I see is arguments that have no bases like again: it will destroy economy/ group play/ kill D2. What economy? The one that people gets full Enigma/Infinity/etc. first day and level 99 in about a week? What group play? The one where everyone is playing solo even in non-private games? Those wouldn’t kill D2, it would make it way more fun and especially for legit and fair players.

So yeah, there is no logical counter argument, it all boils down to “change bad because change” and/or abusers wanting to keep abusing the game because it makes them somehow feel superior or something for what they otherwise lack in life.

Still zero logical counter argument; still majority wants it. Blizzard please.

2 Likes

Play single player, P8 all day all the time

Some people do not have teams and people to get 1 fully geared character rolling in 24 hours time and Gift 2nd player 3rd player etc over few days.

90% D2R population goes as SORC > MEPH/COW GRIND > WOT M8 where my 100 bers I did 30 runs!

( FYI, You should Know 8th player is just more XP, Drops increase with P3, P5, P7 )

I don’t believe that if it was easier to get loot the game would die faster.

Look at D3 end-game/meta. It’s not about finding that set gear, it’s about getting perfect versions of that set gear that keeps people playing.

Just because I have made a Grief slightly faster in the season, doesn’t mean I’m not interested in continuing to craft that 40% perfect ias Grief. There is still significant gear perfection to be obtained.

Note that even with p8, finding a HR is extremely rare. And finding the HR you want, when you want, is just nearly impossible. I’m not saying D2 should become as easy as D3 to gear, but giving p8 will not break the game.