This game desperately needs p8 (& more slots+stash, ploot, classic shared stash, charm inventory, etc.)

Interesting how the purists are always posting on the forums indeed… why not go farm on players 1 online instead? maybe youll get a griff

This is not it. They just want people to purchase multiple accounts and run multiple clients. Classic textbook example of pay-to-win.

I FEEL (this is my opinion) that I agree with most of your FEELINGS (those are your opinions).

But I disagree about microtransactions part. PoE is Free-to-Play, D2R is a remaster of 20 year old game in which a save file could fit into a floppy disk. The 20 character-slots and low Stash storage is really inexcusable.

Not only that, they are rarely if ever discussing the game itself. Just insults and personal attacks (ad hominem). They apparently do it all day every day too, instead of playing their favorite perfect game that they don’t want any changes made to because “change bad because change!”.

They’re also making fun of a terrible unborn babies’ brain condition (Lissencephaly/ Smooth Brain) that is in most cases very fatal (life expectancy of 10 years) in a video game forums over a video game opinion. Terrible human beings, totally not acceptable. I reported their post and I hope you do so too.

My heart goes out to parents whom babies had that condition and now reading it being brought out so trivially over a video game.

1 Like

“Pay-to-Win” largely depends on your definition of winning. In this instance I would define winning as having an enjoyable experience playing the game. Enjoyable for me does not equate to “optimal”… or even being competitive in the Ladder. Others have different views on ‘winning’ and I respect that.

As for the ‘Smooth Brain’ thing… while it was meant to be offensive by the person who used it, please don’t read too much into it. My friends use the term to describe myopic behavior: being so focused on one thing you miss something else that is obvious. Example: Being so focused on your dps rotation in a combat oriented MMO Raid that you forget to move out of the boss’s danger zone.

Still, rather than saying you [have smooth brain], they could have just said “you’re missing my point.” It’s a shame we can’t have civil discourse these days without resorting to name calling.

3 Likes

While that is your subjective opinion (and it is very valid and I respect it), this is not how most people feel.

It is way more fun if I could choose difficulty, and yes get more rewards for it (exp/drops). I can start, build, and test way more characters than current limitations. That’s a win to me and it seem you agree joy=win.

Having sense of fairness also makes me enjoy video games way more. Currently, abusers are the only winners.

No sorry. It’s totally not cool or remotely okay to make fun of an unborn babies brain condition (again life expectancy: 10 years) so lightly over a video game discussion. Nowhere near cool, sorry. Normal people don’t do that.

They don’t even discuss the game, it’s mostly personal insults (ad hominem) and them being so hostile and aggressive every-day, all-day. It’s really so tiring. No one should go through all of that because they discussed a video game and requested changes that are even backed by the majority - won’t be stopping me though.

Pretty sure smooth brained is from fallout though but yeah I reported yesterday-

1 Like

If Blizzard wants players to play together then why does playing together reward less loot per player than playing solo?

3 Likes

Sadly not the case because they explicitly wrote “Lissencephaly”.

Makes absolute no sense lol. Punishment for playing solo and punishment for playing in group.
Solution for solo is player x command, for group it’s personal loot. Ideally both should be implemented and they let people enjoy the video game the way they want to.

2 Likes

The grind is the best part of the game, and the FEATURE that keeps me coming back.

Removing the grind from D2 would be like removing dribbling from basketball. Wouldn’t be the same game.

2 Likes

Then you should be happy no one said anything about removing the grind from D2. If you think player x command (or my idea of personal loot) do that then please educate yourself on D2 and then re-think it.

Or if you’re saying you like the overgrind where it is just robotic and not challenging, then you are entitled to your opinion and it is valid but you’re very well the minority here.

Greed? it actually prevents this…

1 Like

I posit that neither would this “remove the grind” but also that this “feature” as you name it is responsible for far greater numbers of players leaving in frustration than it is for causing players to return (what made them leave in the first place?)

3 Likes

I think loot per player remains mostly the same over time because 8 players can clear content faster than a single player can. So the only real incentive to run 8 man or /p8 is the XP bonus which is only useful in a ladder situation.

I still think Blizz wants cooperative play to be a core feature of the game, they’re just doing a poor job of selling it (see the ‘looking for group’ forum).

As for the other thing… Fallout has the ghoul in-group everyone else out-group specific insult “Smoothskin.” Since Ghouls are basically immortal since the bombs fell the insult means anyone with ‘smooth skin’ is young and inexperienced, in addition to just… not being ghouls. It’s like calling someone ‘green’, ‘new’, or ‘wet behind the ears’.

1 Like

8 players can clear faster but you have to consider the 450% monster HP and also mostly how runs are done… not all 8 players are within the same screen thus having equal access to all the loot that drops. In, say, a Chaos run you don’t get all 8 players trudging to each seal together in a condensed group, you get 3 players this way 3 players that way and 2 players a final way. So approximately each player only clears 1/3 the mobs and so sees 1/3 the loot.

Neither are all 8 players contributing equally… the addition of a poorly geared or single target player will not increase clear time, at all, if the primary damage clearing is being done by, say, a javazon in cows. Clear speed might be the same or perhaps even slower.

Still the very vast majority want it, still a very big zero counter-logical argument.

With Ladder, more and more people are complaining about the anti-social design of Diablo II while at the same time punishing people for playing solo. There is no win for the player but for the abusers. Please consider those changes Blizzard.

3 Likes

Solo Self Found online + /players enabled (just for Solo Self Found).

2 Likes

Would he fun if they added that as a side mode.

I agree with you, but you’re so rude and condescending it is doubtful you will get any traction. The way you talk to people
makes me just want to block you honestly. Your points are valid, but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

The sad part is that other people are making more money off this game than Blizzard ever will… unless Blizzard is double dipping. I mean there’s no way to track that employee’s at Blizzard are selling digital items for real life currency.

I feel like they dismiss anything regarding terrible drop rates and the fact that there’s a monopoly on the economy using d2jsp because they too are actively manipulating and exploiting users with very little time to play / bad luck.

If they just increased drop rates on P1 to be the equivalent of maybe P3, it would solve some of the issues… I mean I don’t even get it at this point, the entire point of this game is to make a build and get it the top end gear… if that is a literal impossibility without trading then it’s time to change the way the game is played.

I hear horror stories of people who haven’t ever found a specific item in the 20+ years they’ve been playing it… I mean… that’s absolutely ridiculous and crazy… this game was never meant to last a life time, no game is… like f*** this iron chair nerd s***. People who are playing this game are all older and have families / real life s*** going on… why should certain individuals have to be stuck behind a pay wall and punished for playing the game properly?

2 Likes

Stop spitting the same lie over and over again. It won’t make it less poppycock.
You accuse others that they don’t provide logical counter-arguments when yourself have a total lack of imagination and repeat the same thing like a broken record and a washed-out politician.

At least provide proof regarding that said majority. You are slowly but surely becoming the buffoon and laughing stock of this forum. If you had a grain of credibility you lost it all. You are slowly and surely drifting into irrelevance.

1 Like

How was your ban? Stop insulting people and discuss in-topic please.

I did not read your whole post by the way, just so you know before typing another insulting novel.

1 Like