The summon druid and his vines

Like many others online I’m very pleased with the changes the devs made to the summonner, the most notable being all 3 maim summons fighting at the same time.

That being said I would like to hear people’s suggestions reguarding the vines.
Many have observed that the summomer druid while much stronger now remains weak and slow going the moment you add on players especially in higher counts like players 5 and above. Physical immunes also remain a struggle.

I was wondering what the devs or anyone else here might think of completely re-working the vines so they can serve as powerful supports to the summons in the same way the necro’s curses help his summons.
I’m not advocating for a boring copy paste but totally new and original abilities the vines would use to help the druid’s wolves and bear .

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I for one would like to see the vines being actually useful.

That being said, a pure summoner druid is already short on skill points in 2.4:
-20 in grizzly, +damage to all 3, but mainly for SW to deal with PIs
-20 in SW, main way to deal with PIs
-20 in DW, for tankiness
-20 in raven, the main physical damage dealer

This is already 80 points. There aren’t even enough points left to max oak sage or HoW. You may be able to drop DW for something different, if you don’t need the tankiness. That may open up some options, but OS or HoW are probably the next in line.

In this setting, the vines will probably need to be 1 point wonders to be useful. As to how, I am also interested in what everyone thinks.

On top of my head, I would like:
-all vines be more active
-all vines slow everything they touch when they are moving underground
-all vines bind everything they touch in place once they are above ground
-poison creeper reapply poison whenever possible
-carrion vine heals all allies or boosts regen for x period of time
-solar creeper restores mana and boosts mana regen

These improvements may still not be enough to make people max them, but at least the vines will have some utilities.

4 Likes

I think the most glaring problem is how fragile the vines are. Two ways to fix that.

• significant boost to life, physical damage reduction and increased resistances
  • just make them untargetable, but that could be too strong with out adding a duration or hit limit

The second problem is Solar and Carrion vines are not impactful enough on their own. A couple potential improvements could be.

• Add synergies to Solar and Carrion to give them more value. I would suggest Heart of Wolverine and Oak Sage as the synergies.
  • Combine Solar and Carrion, giving both health and mana back. (similar to how Redemption already works)

Poison Creeper has it’s own problem of overriding Rabies. My suggestion.

• Reduce Rabies duration.
  • Have Poison Creeper make Poison Explosions when it consumes a corpse (you know just like the Necro skill that nobody uses… ever). Just keep the duration under 8 seconds please.
2 Likes

I second this!Vines need to be stronger there is no other way!

This is incorrect, with skill points from quests you can have 20 Raven, 20 SW, 20 DW, 20 HoW or OS and still have 6-7 points left at level 93.