The REAL problem with Hustle for Bowzons

I haven’t had much issues running a Bowazon early ladder. I will say though early on when you start using multishot, you better stock up on Tir runes and items that give mana per kill as well as increasing your mana pool, otherwise you’ll slow yourself down with the constant hunt/TPing back to town for mana potions.

3 Likes

Bowzon has always been one of, if not the best early game killers in the game, if u farm 3x tals and 4x tirs. u can 1 shot every mob in the whole game all the way up to act 5 with infinite mana with multishot. They’re basically unstoppable in normal.

Nightmare is where they run into issues.

That can be said for all early game melee builds…

And I don’t know if I want to use harmony over hustle. Skill based attack speed is pretty significant for framerates. I still wish theyd drop pul in wisdom for something easier to attain in early ladder because with 4-8% mana stolen and 5 mana per kill it seems like one of the best early game bowazons helms. Not to mention pierce and CBF. The level 9 BoS would have broken end game melee in s bad way, wonder how they settled on that number vs 1-3

That having been said haven’t played bowazon since LOD. So I am probs the last person to ask about bowazon meta.

thanks, what levelling guide should i plug into maxroll or google, do you recommend any spec in particular or what to swap into nm/hell?

Yes cuz typical caster doesnt break this game: huge dmg buff by nergies, big aoe, ez accessible fcr+sks+mana+life by dual Spirit, sellable mana potions, always hit, Teleport based on fcr, 19:9 ratio.

Melee needs: dmg, ed, ias, ar, cbf, def, ll/ml or mb, life, res, dr, frw, fhr, +sks, clvl… mid/end game RW’s/items

Caster needs: +sks, fcr, clvl, mana potions aaaaand… Spirit+Lore xD

Caster with rmd gear is still faster than top geared melee :smiley:

and this guy talking bout imbalances… MUHAHAHAAHA

1lvl Teleport > 50lvl BoS

2 Likes

These are already figured into the total damage of the weapon. When you apply a rune to a weapon, it adds that damage to the base, and simply shows that as the modifier. It’s nothing more than a tooltip. If you put a ith rune in a 2-6 damage hunter’s bow, it becomes a 2-15 damage hunter’s bow. The modifier then goes against that base damage. So in the grand scheme of the argument, it’s negligible because that was already figured into the damage of the weapon. Hence why I listed it as negligible - all figures already included it.

Swapping NM is going to be very unforgiving. Insight works if you’re on p1-3 but beyond that it wont do the greatest in a physical build. I frantically look for a ko for harmony. Harmonys the answer to all mid game. My early end game i usually try to find stuff worth trading for an ist and vex so I can build a silence bow, but I only do this for hardcore. Outside of hardcore, silence serves very little need. I go for silence because it’s the only way to guarantee my safety for over a week without having access to a faith or other ridiculous stuff yet. Silence basically guarantees i wont die and I can find good trade value.
Pair that with a delirium, and you have some insane early hell cow killing potential. Slow-ish, but safe as hell.

1 Like

They nerfed it because it was a prebuff item, only for it to remain an even worse prebuff item because of llama.

Making the Ko to a Sol is actually a good idea. But at this pointit seems too late and hustle will remain a dogwater prebuff item.

1 Like

Yea… as a prebuff item still…

Only its worse now.

Hustle wep on swap is great for bowazons now that use gmb faith since strafe will proc bos in no time.

Also helpful for summon necs for skelly attack rating.

Somewhat ok for melee but tossed as soon as oath is found. The ko rune doesnt help it since the reliable way to get that is hell countess.

1 Like

Hustle is honestly not a bad option either way. I don’t agree with the comment that this runeword wasn’t designed for bows/crossbows - because that’s one of the use cases where this runeword excels in - but…

I don’t agree that we need to compare Harmony and Hustle like apples for apples and therefore the problem that is raised here is not really a glaring factor. A few things between the two (some of which you have mentioned):

• Hustle is available across many more weapon types - missile weapons, melee weapons, 1 handed weapons, merc weapons
  • Hustle and Harmony have different socket requirements, so your choice of runeword may depend on what bases you come across in your playthrough. It’s also worth mentioning that 4 socket bases for bows such as ones that you’d use for Harmony are in higher demand than 3 socket bases due to 4 Socket bows also being bases for Faith, Ice, Phoenix, Brand, Wrath
  • Hustle excels in slower but harder hitting weapon bases (Grand Matron Bow, which requires just 20% IAS from outside of the weapon to reach the 7fpa attack speed) where as Harmony excels in faster weapon bases (Matriarchal bow)
  • Hustle and Harmony have some different applications from each other - Hustle can be used on a summon necro or his merc, Harmony for fighting physical immunes, use of revives

The suggestion to change Hustle to use a Sol instead of Ko will only make sense if the runeword is also nerfed. The Honor runeword would not be that much cheaper in rune requirements and will easily get outshined by Hustle.

Except insight already exists, can be used in bows, and vastly outperforms honor and is easier to find a base for than 5os (which is why nobody uses honor).

So that ship has sailed and that argument is weak.

1 Like

On that topic, I wouldn’t mind seeing a small buff to Honor being a 5 socket runeword, but Hustle isn’t just for 2 hander weapons though and is accessible to a wider range of 1 handed bases being only a 3 rune recipe.

I mean hustle is dogwater for one handed (melee) so not sure what difference that would make.

The entire thing needs another redesign to be useful for melee. Or rather, the Ko to Sol would actually make it usable for melee.

I blame Onadroig for taking this from not only bowzons but also all melee builds that would have loved to have the pre buff. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have that much influence over Blizzard, do I? You give me too much credit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

kuko still does aoe though so its better for non bosses

need weapon swap hotkey for merc

updated

they could delete Barb from the game and noone would even notice, except “where is BOb1tch?”.

2 Likes

More options to play

1 Like

Good recommandation but good luck with it…

The funny thing is hustle is still an endgame prebuff item for bowzons so the nerf only screwed over melee while hustle is still a must have item for bowzons which is what bowa wanted in the first place.

1 Like