The game is currently unplayable due to some malicious users

Hello

I’m a classic Diablo 2 user.
The game is currently unplayable due to the Diablo server down.

In Diablo 2, one can upgrade an item by using the “cubing” system.
However, in the case of older versions of items, there is a problem that the game is forcibly terminated when someone attempts to cube an item.
Older version items refer to items that cannot currently be farmed due to an update, but belong to the account.

When a game is forcibly terminated with an old version of item cubing, dozens of games sharing the identical IP are also terminated.
Some malicious users are exploiting this to intentionally force thousands of games to close.
If all IPs in the server are forcibly terminated, the system blocks creation of games in the server for more than about a week.
This causes the server to go down and no one is not able to enter the game.

As these issues have become more serious lately, we are requesting an update to address them.
For example, if the game is not forcibly terminated even when cubing an old version item in the game, the server down problem can be solved.

Thank you!

This issue must be resolved
Please write on the technical support/bug report bulletin board.

Still wonder why there is no one who care of this problem and in charge of, even it already has been taken for a long time since it occuered

Interesting I v been gone for 6 years and now everything has chang d so much . I’m trying to take all of this in and figure this stuff out.