The Future of D2- - - -

Like I’m sure many here, I’ve bought this game many many times and have 1,000’s of hours into it.

But with all that… as a dedicated fan to this series, I really really really hope that the base game is flipped on its side (it can be done gradually) to really make this game crazy good using the mechanics it allows. There are so many mods that we all know have been created to really push the limits.

My personal favorite was Hell Unleased which was a small community but the game was incredibly done. Boss fights were true boss fights, Unique monsters were stepped down boss-fights, the loot was expanded, the levels were expanded and many were created brand new. It was a co-op games dream.

It was a game that you could barely do solo and required to be done in groups which enhanced the game way beyond the original game of today. Gloves/boots/merc items were all socket-able to expand the game even further and item drops rates were “slightly” increased to expand for the increased difficulty of the game. There were truly almost zero safe areas to explore unless you were ready for it and loot at all levels of play that were useful throughout.

Check it out D2 developers… and I’m sure the plans of this game are NOT to do much with this game, but if you are feeling adventurous… we all know there are so many mods to use as guides.

Regardless, I’m back for the glory of playing this again, time will tell how long that lasts though as other competition continues to ramp up.

Lost me right here. As someone with little time to play games, and fewer people to play them with, I prefer games that are single player over multiplayer, which is why I’m so glad that single player existed and is possible to complete in D2.

That being said, I appreciate that is first and foremost a multiplayer game, so I see your point. Having things be too difficult solo and requiring a group does seem like it would fit into the style of this game.

1 Like

Solo is offline mode which that Mod did make possible, but the online multi-player environment was designed for multi-player… Truly the 1st time playing diablo where many of us strategized on builds to form a team vs everyone solo. There were plenty of areas that a very strong character could solo but with the smaller following it had… a game where people across the globe also wouldn’t’ get ahead of each other too A) because they couldn’t and B) because it took a long time to get to the next location (also there were no TPs but additional WPs added in).

Imagine all the time it takes for a brand new character to go from blood moor to Andarial in one random play-through… and that’s how long it took to get from the blood moor to just Cain… the amount of new worlds and areas they created were crazy… Tristam had more than 1 “unique” in there that would kick your rear if you were not paying enough attention.

The acts were just very well done. Instead of having to mash through say 5,000 enemies in an act to complete, you had to mash through 500,000.

The rune words they created were awesome, the additional crafting that created with the Cube was fantastic… to me, it was way easier than Medium cause you didn’t have to learn anything new… they also balanced the skills and added more so that you could create say a throwing barb or say a fire walk sorc

Google - Hell Unleashed and check out the one that pops up arimyth

Scroll down and read the “Features” ---- just super amazing— See Normal level was designed to level you to level 60 now!! Read that again… The 1st play-through of the game was designed to take you to level 60!!

Don’t read to much of it, or you will wish blizz did something like this and be upset.

I mostly prefer fun, to be challenged in games. I tend to play in players 8, but if I have troubles, I do not hesitate to reduce the difficulty, cause I only play single player. Now, a game that is so much harder is… not appealing. But I see your point, most players tend to want to play online, so they would enjoy something like that mod.

However, I think if Blizzard were to do something like that, they’d do it on PC only, not on consoles.