The best MF Sorc build

Can some one show the best possible MF build for Sorc. It has to have at least 400 MF, all ress capped and decent survivability and power.
I am currently running a full Tal Rasha Light Sorc with 433 MF , 25K lightning. If you can beat that please show it here.
You can see the build here:
https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/zw0106l6

1 Like

I think the best MF build is whatever build you used to farm all that gear…

4 Likes

i agree. But now we are looking onto next step.

The sorc I played before I used melee was blizz/chain hybrid.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/4t0106d2

2 Likes

Not bad, but still the Tal Rasha beats it to a great margin, double the power , less expensive and more MF. With potential to add even more MF if needed and still have more power.
People say Tal Rash is garbage but when it comes to MF i dont think there is anything that can beat it.

2 Likes

I will just disagree and leave it at that. Gl to you.

1 Like

This is easy to beat. I’m too lazy to do the planner so I’ll just write my own build down here real quick.

3p Tal set is overrated imo. If you have the means to get endgame gear then Enigma + Griffons + a solid mf ammy is the way to go.

Main stats:

• 35k lightning damage
  • 119 fcr (to reach the 117 breakpoint)
  • 87 fhr (to reach the 87 breakpoint)
  • 2k health
  • 1k mana
  • Capped resistances
  • 408 mf
  • 400 gold find

Equipment:

• 25/15 Griffon’s
  • Enigma (it’s the BiS for sorceress)
  • Ist’ed Occy
  • Spirit Monarch
  • 40 Chance Guards
  • 1x Stone of Jordan
  • 30 mf Nagel Ring (to reach the 400+ mf, but I usually just run 2x Soj’s)
  • Arachnid Mesh
  • 45 War Travs
  • Amulet is +2 light skills / 9 fcr / 18 all resist / 24 mf / + other stats

Inventory:

• 4x Light skillers
  • 12 fcr + 30 fire resist GC
  • 40 mf Gheed’s
  • 20 all res torch
  • 20 all res anni

The inventory is where it gets tricky. Because you don’t have the res from Chains of Honor, you need to rely on your sc’s to get capped resistances. So I have a mix of:

• 7 mf + 11% x resistances
  • 5 fhr + 11% x resistances
  • 5 all res + 5 mf

Also, you shouldn’t run Lightning build unless you have infinity. My merc is equipped with Infinity + fort + Andy’s.

There’s some minor upgrades I can do to get a tiny bit more dmg and bit more mf, but all in all I think this is likely the strongest lightning sorc mf build you can have. You hit both fcr + fhr breakpoints, you have over 400mf, capped res, great life and mana pool and you literally melt mobs with 35k lightning dmg.

2 Likes

What do you do when everything is light immune? I’ve always found Blizz build to be better for MF in hell. Is there a reason why you think light is a better build for mf?

Because Infinity runeword

MF just don’t work anymore unless your in a game 5 or 8 people. but me i like to solo. i have 500 mf on my sor run 300 cow game and the highness rune iv got was a mal…i guess everyone was lied to about the mfing blizzard wants to keep people on this game 24/7 but don’t want to drop good runes for solo players some of us have jobs and cant play all day and night. this is a problem when it comes to soloing this game is really starting to suck i will not buy d4 when it comes out if it going to be like this game. sorry im just a little pissed off because been playing all day and not a danm good thing as dropped for me.

2 Likes

Fireball sorc is by my experience fastest MF runner.

1 Like

It’s funny that everyone talks about how having too much MF is bad because you lose killing speed, but they never look at the inverse. If my 3.5k Blizzard 1 shots the entire Pindle room, why would I sacrifice 300 MF to run a lightning build that hits for 35k?
Likewise, if I’m running Pindle/Meph/Andy/AT, why do I need survivability? Kill fast, dodge, don’t die.

I run Blizz Sorc:
3-piece Tals
Shako
Chancies
Travs
2x Nagels
Gheeds
Torch
1x 5FHR sc
28x mfscs

At 3.5k Blizzard damage with 700 MF, the only thing that slows me down is the fact that War Traverler’s only have 25% FRW (for running around in town). Even hitting the 63% FCR instead of the 105% doesn’t slow the killing speed, since Blizz is a cool-down skill. When running Meph or Andy, I’ll swap to Trang’s gloves to the hit 105 for teleport, but it doesn’t do much for Pindle. Ancient Tunnels depends on whether or not it’s a full-clear (63 is fine) or just hitting the uniques/champions (105 is faster).
My lightning res is 66, which is enough to tank Meph. The rest suck, but I couldn’t care less, because they don’t matter. Running Full Tal’s , I can cap out my resistances and still have 600 MF, while doing ~4k Blizzard damage (not enough to make a difference in kill speed).
The argument that the Blizz Sorc is limited to only certain areas is hogwash…she’s limited to the best areas for MF: Meph, Andy, Pindle, AT. If you feel the need to run elsewhere, it’s to break up the monotony, not because they’re any better (or even on par).

Factoring in the diminishing returns, 700 MF is about 30% better than 400 MF (184%, as opposed to 154%, for uniques). Over the course of 1000 Pindle runs, that’s a significant amount. No Lightning build kills 30% faster than a Blizz Sorc in MF gear running the MF hotspots.

With good Merc gear, Cold Immunes are also irrelevent.

TLDR; Blizz Sorc is the best MF Build, because you can stack on absurd amounts of MF without losing kill speed.

MF doesn’t affect rune drops. Never has.

1000 MF or 0 MF, makes no difference when it comes to runes.

1 Like

I played a bizz sorc until about level 90-91 or so. I still have the GG items (death’s fathom, valk, ect). I thought it was fast until I switched to lightning. Blizzard’s cool down and inconsistent attacks really hold it back. I really hated dropping a blizzard down just to watch guys walk through it like it wasnt even there. Chain lightning is the exact opposite. I especially like when I aim at the group in front of me and the chain also kills the group behind me I wasnt aiming at.

I have always tried to find the correct balance of magic find and damage. In my opinion the perfect build would be to achieve the most damage with the most magic find. I have experimented with most of the lightning builds and have settled on oculus paired with chains of honor. I have attached a link to the build. I think 250-300 is a solid amount. The returns really start to diminish on MF after 200. Also, at my level dying really starts to take a hit to XP so I prefer to be more beefy. I have tried enigma/hoto but I think you start too far in the hole with resistances.

I typically run solo but this build does fine on players 8. My typical run starts at river of flame portal and I destroy EVERYTHING to the right through chaos in about 3 minutes. Thats usually 12+ elite packs, 200-300 enemies, and diablo. Thats a heck of a lot of chances to get items/runes and about 500k exp.

build:htt ps://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/u00106ij

remove space in link.

1 Like

So I’m late to this but if you want speed farming Light Sorc is going to be the best build.

First off, its great that you have such high MF, but if you’re looking for efficient farming you’re focus needs to be on “How can I kill/clear things faster?”. Looking at your Maxroll, you have a decent build but to improve its overall speed - you’re gonna need Infinity to break resist on mobs. Also, any MF% above 350 has diminishing returns so going for huge MF% isn’t really ideal unless you want more blues (which isn’t a bad thing at times).

Hope this helps, even though its hella late

The topic is a little older but I comment anyway.

As far as I know, more MF means less rune drops because maximum number of drops is capped and the more mf the more item-drops. So best rune-farming would be without mf. But this doesn’t make sense as you yould miss a lot of other nice drops.

Best MF to hover around is (as far as I know) 300.

You are correct with the 300 being the sweet spot. However, MF doesn’t effect rune drops at all.

The way drops work are as followed:
-Base item is determined (based off of the pool from slain monster)
i.e. Shako
-Item type is determined by MF
i.e. Unique, Magic, Rare (in that order)
-Rolled item is dropped

(To elaborate more on the item type being determined. Even if you have a higher chance of dropping a rare vs a Unique, it gives priority to the Unique drop before the Magic or Rare items get a chance to roll)

Rune farming is straight up just more kills = more rune chances. (Cows, Trav, Chaos, etc)

There are monsters that have slightly higher chances to drop runes (i.e. The Countess and Spectral type monsters). And not all monsters can drop all rune types.

Well, with just the setup you have, and can get more MF of course by switching out the the gloves feet and shield. Crafted/Imbued Gloves & Feet can be better and of course there is Chance Guards. For the shield there are many better MF options. Rhyme gives you 25% MF, Splendor gives 20%. 4 socketed Ist shield gives a lot more MF. Crafted Caster Shields have possibilities.

Griswold’s Honor (3 sockets) with Ists isn’t bad. Lidless Wall with an Ist is an option. Personally, I have both spirit and Splendor and use Splendor for the MF boost when doing most of my MF runs as the Spirit isn’t really needed. But honestly, Griswold’s Honor with 3 Ists looks pretty attractive.

But if you are trading for stuff, you can always find some really good feet and gloves that are better than the uniques/set items. Crafted and Rare feet and gloves can be quite good. Might be expensive, but…