Tha launcher downloading whole game after a new patch (2.4.1.2)

Hi, so as in the topic - I opened the bnet launcher - the game started to update and makes me download whole 30gb… the whole game. And as I read here Diablo II: Resurrected | 4.25 - Bug Fix Updates - 2.4.1.2 the game was supposed to do this update in the background… is there any solution to this?

1 Like

Same problem here. Seems like a waste of bandwidth for such a small update.

came home from work and wanted to play a bit… 30gb arent a bit

This is happening to me too.

Embarrassing when you release a patch that deletes the game folder and forces users to redownload the entire game. Urgently needs fixing so that other users don’t waste bandwidth.

Same here, i tought it was bugfix but seems it is downloading the game again;

Same here. Got a small update earlier then a full “reinstall” update about an hour later.
Weird…

Blizzard need to fix this problem or I will stop playing their games! Who would want to download the whole game again with no obvious reasons in year 2022.

Consider Call Of Duty , 100GB

Well, for me the game doesn’t start anymore after this latest fix.

It freezes on load screen before the opening intro videos. Closing is possible only by task manager in Windows. I tried to repair the installation via Battle.net app and the problem persists. I tried to uninstall the game and install again and the problem persists!

Make a rollback to 2.3 version … 2.4 is a problem for me now!

This game is a joke! I was planning to buy Diablo Immortal in launch time, but after this problem with D2R, I don’t think so!

Do you want help? Post your computer specs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.