Terror zones not showing up at all - Work around method

hey there,

so I have completed hell difficulty by killing Baal – I was able to start farming terror zones last week but, I haven’t had any terror zones since Sunday. i have the “show terror zones” in my game play options turned on but, still no terror zones showing.

is there a hot-key to toggle terror zones that I might have turned off or is this a glitch and I should try to re-install the game to attempt to fix the issue?

regards,
Sillz

**UPDATE – Work around method to reactivate Terror Zones"

Step #1 – make a game – options - gameplay settings – click on terrorized zones check box to turn it off. Save settings. Click it again to turn it on Save Settings.

Step #2 – Go to lobby – Create a game tab – Make sure Terrorized zones is check marked. Create game. Save & Exit game.

Step #3 – back to the Character Select Screen - There is a setting button below the “play button” Click on it – click on Terrorized zones. Save settings. Click it again to enable terrorized zones. Save settings.

Step #4 – Click “Play” and the terrorized zones were reactivated.

This is a Long and VERY Annoying process but, this was the only way to fix the issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did NOT fix the problem. i had to do the following steps to get it to be functional again.

if anyone else has this issue – follow the steps above and it should be able to fix the problem. I really hope this works for others too.

Thank you Zax for taking the time to reply to try and help. Your efforts are much appreciated.

1 Like

Dont you use any mods? Or imported files for faster loading?

no sir - everything is basic install – F1 to F7 for skill’s – i have reinstalled game and still no success in reactivating terror zones - its not show terror zones for Normal, nightmare or hell difficulties for some reason.

i can see them in lobby and join other peoples games but, i can no make a game with terror zones at all

You have to check the terror zone option when you create game and have baal killed with that char on that difficulty.

You have to do it with character who has baal q complete. Not every char after you killed him on different char. Only characters who kiled him can make terror zone games.

hey there, sorry for delay in reply.

In Lobby I am able to create “terrorized” zones but, if I want to play solo online ladder – its no longer just terrorizes zones like it use too.

my pally is lvl 88 – about a week or so ago i was farming terror zones no problem - got 2 sunder charms and all was good.

i logged on during the weekend and didnt see the terror zones prompt in the top corner as they usual do and thought “hmm thats weird. Okay, well i’ll just run pits instead” thought nothing more of it.

now that its been a few days and i am still not able to access terror zones in solo games. thinking there is something turned off.

When i looked in the Lobby setting as you suggested it was NOT turned on so i made sure it was checked off AS WELL, in my “opinions – gameplay settings” it is also turned on but, still no zones are showing terrorized unless i make them public games.

Just make public games from lobby with password then or for 1 player so nobody can join if that works for terror zones.

I figure it out.

step #1 – make a game – options - gameplay settings – click on terrorized zones check box to turn it off. Save settings. Click it again to turn it on Save Settings.

Step #2 – Go to lobby – Create a game tab – Make sure Terrorized zones is check marked. Create game. Save & Exit game.

Step #3 – back to the Character Select Screen - There is a setting button below the “play button” Click on it – click on Terrorized zones. Save settings. Click it again to enable terrorized zones. Save settings.

Step #4 – Click “Play” and the terrorized zones were reactivated.

This is a long and VERY Annoying process but, this was the only thing to fix the issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did NOT fix the problem. i had to do the following steps to get it to be functional again.

if anyone else has this issue – follow the steps above and it should be able to fix the problem.

Thank you Zax for taking the time to reply to try and help. Your efforts are much appreciated.

3 Likes

That’s really odd. I had the same thing happen with my lv88 Pali. But thanks for the instructions, I followed your steps and its fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips

I got that problem today and I wasn’t sure why it wasn’t working. Everything was checked up but it still didn’t work.

So I did all your step and it’s finally back.

For the other people that might get it: If you use a controller, the settings button under play isn’t there, you must use a mouse to do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.