Terror zones are a step in the right direction but there is still some solid fine tuning to do… it needs more player agency

still 0 likes on his OP post. me saying it’s a bad idea has more… this is what happens when blizzard “listens to the community” they take all the worst ideas possible, put their own AWFUL twist on it, and ruin AAA gaming titles in less than a year of “Adding content” to a game that NEVER needed it.

give us back our lobby, our friends list, our tcp/ip . FHR. WSG. do not implement terror zones, make the uber areas higher level with champ packs with slightly extra xp, something, please. NOT THIS.

2 Likes

Yeah I am glad they listened to a player like me and enhanced current zones instead of a bozo like you who wants d3 rifts and recycled pod mechanics.
Def a win for the D2 players of the forums and not the Seks fantasy world.

2 Likes

Sekscalibure sees that the new feature is “every hour”… He gets overly excited and thinks because one of his ideas was also “every hour”, Blizzard must have used his idea.

I guess since my grandfather clock chimes “every hour”, it too must have stolen his idea, even though it was built 50 years ago.

4 Likes

I have the philosophy that great ideas stem from open discussion and honest discourse. The greatest minds understand that principle.

3 Likes

im not sure you realize what you bought if you expected a patch to have those things. Im curious how you think this an easy mechanic to implement as well. have you not seen how long the most trivial fixes have taken just to get the game to d2lod standards? now a patch with major changes is " very easy to make" - you are not even close to in touch with reality

the idea of changing zones when completing one has been posted a few times and i just do not see the benefit. its nice that for 1 hour EVERYONE is farming the same terror zone. period. choose your class, you know what the terror is in every game you join. you can get in the rhythm for certain zones and grind them rapid fire for that hour too. why people are against this?
hint: because they like to read themselves post and cant picture how things actually play out.

It takes long and patches are small because those devs are most likely few and bad

Do you realize what people like the handful of PD2 devs are able to achieve in a shorter amount of time, for free and literally being basement devs

What Blizzard devs release for D2R after 4months would take 1week to PD2 devs

thats cool, now back in the real world, we all know what to expect based on the resources blizz is devoting to this, so you can be naive and expect the world or live in reality.

i find it noteworthy you ignored the critique on your poorly thought idea and just on how the devs should do more

1 Like

These are just rifts, can we just call these rifts?

Sorry to announce you that You being short sighted isn’t a Critique lol

more deflection. changing zones upon completion is a different (not better) feature than what is being implemented. no one has given a reason WHY it is better and both you and the other thread have avoided that discussion/counter (probably for a reason)

Uh…

• player agency

• game spam reduction

• area diversity

• community mechanic

It’s all in the original post…

Don’t accuse people of omitting stuff you just don’t read or don’t have the capacity to understand lol

“its nice that for 1 hour EVERYONE is farming the same terror zone. period. choose your class, you know what the terror is in every game you join. you can get in the rhythm for certain zones and grind them rapid fire for that hour too. why people are against this?”

you seem to not be able to read yourself. i asked a pretty direct question. having a dedicated zone for 1 hour makes EVERY game the same and everyone on the same page, whether its terrorzone1 and then terrorzone2 etc that is likely to keep people going more than fire immune area round 1 and then the new one being light immune and people cherry picking and bailing. area diversity is literally already in the 1 hour rotation. if you cant play an area for 1 hour then how are you still playing this game? community mechanic? is that just a way to put two words together without making any argument whatsoever?

you choosing to ignore counters because you think youve been clear and then putting some trash list together show you have not and all while stilllll ignoring the original counter. im accusing you have being intellectually lazy, and at this point dishonest given you have been given chances to do better and actively have chosen not to.

1 Like

The problem with these reward systems that require a task is simply that they suddenly take the whole game away from the core and create a new dynamic.

It changes the whole direction away from the gameplay and opens the door to a reward run principle.
You don’t play and enjoy the path anymore, you start working through it and it kind of builds up end-game foci.

Somehow, developers keep doing the same thing over and over again, robbing RPGs of their soul. They redesign the games into something else that makes the whole previously valuable game area insignificant and thus the path trivial.

Reprogramming the player’s mindset through these actions and then tying him to an endgame destroys RPGs.
The creators have no reasonable means to expand the games themselves in an exciting way, but not to endanger the core, the path and the mechanics.
No, they always bring an imposed game content, which immediately distracts the whole sense of the game on itself and the more it becomes a sporting comparison and more and more difficult, the more the role-playing game and the mechanics are destroyed. Then the cry for balancing gets louder and so the evil takes its course.

Ok Diablo 2 is very old. At least we had 2 decades our peace from the same old madness. Now you start to bring in the wrong places again the usual progression of doom.

But it is also the simplest means. If you were to expand D2R reasonably as an RPG, but this would mean some kind of new add on and maybe a new class, new zones, customize the existing ones, increase story, give existing things more depth.

It’s easier to keep inflating the game with simple methods like this until the bubble bursts.

I agree with more depth but at the same time, the current “Hell” endgame is uneven because of it being a campaign area

Therefor there are some scaling up required to at least reach an equal playing field which then can differentiate each other by subjective traits

• which layout do I prefer
  • which monsters do I prefer to face
  • which immunities do I wanna face