Terrible Rune Drops. A Solution

SImply RNG - Ive managed to find a Vex, 2Mal, Ist, Puls, Lems, Kos, Lums, all the lower ones… Im convinced Ill never be able to make a Bear sorc as finding runes for dual Dreams is never gonna happen for me…

I used to think the same way you did. But, earlier this year, I finally got a character who could safely farm the Council, and Ber dropped on the 3rd run!

I’m sorry, but I believe OP is right on the money:

The only way to beat RNGesus is to outlast RNGesus…

1 Like

Both the Jah runes I got were entirely out of left field. I wasn’t doing anything particularly intensive or farming rigorously. I was just passively killing stuff, looking for halfway decent uniques.

The second Jah dropped when I was just doing a Baal walk by myself. It happens, rarely, but it will and it’s always immensely rewarding.

3 Likes

And people really just need to understand the hours it actually takes to farm them.

Example if you are straight farming Trav (arguably the most efficient way to farm purely for runes.) And you’re runs over the course of a play session are 1 1/2 minutes per. This includes loads, pee breaks, whatever. And you play 4 hours a day 5 days a week… expect it to take over 2 months of maintaining just this over and over and over to see a Ber drop.

I think a lot of newer people come in… watch a youtubers highlight video from a stream go do 100-200 runs call it 500, don’t get anything and rage. What they need to do is Zen out, and chill lol.

1 Like

My biggest b**** about streamers: they set their watchers’ expectations way, way too high.

Which leads to frustration.

Which leads to wallets being pulled out.

Which leads to more and more bots joining the game to cash in…

Streamers aren’t completely responsible for P2W being too large a part of this game, but they definitely add more than their fair share of the gasoline for that fire.

2 Likes

God you can instantly tell the dbrunski viewers from the Llama viewers on the forums.

dbrunski viewers: Games too hard, must throw in a full inventory of perfect charms to play game.

Llama viewers: lol you can beat D2 with a punch barb.

2 Likes

Never beat the game with a punch barb, but I did do the “naked necro” challenge more than a few years ago. That was quite an experience! :smiley:

Dumbest one I ever tried was a minion master pally lol. Only got to act 4 hell before I gave up lol.

Kill ancients in normal normally… then respec conversion… then use revive charges… it was uggggggggg

1 Like

I love you, now get all the other newbs to figure this out.

Do you mean get others to believe the gambler’s fallacy?

if you nwant to get some runes clear the tower in black marsh, that means kill everything, open all chest, tombs and bodies, kick all barrels
thank me later

just keep grinding fast and it will hit big, I was getting a high rune every 6-12 hours solo seal popping, 2 min runs, 10 hour sessions. It’s not a casual way to play but it works, just sux.

Lol, that was unexpected conclusion :joy:

Here is a trick to life. Anything you learned in Sociology class, just ignore it the second you pass. It’s a load of BS. :slight_smile:

Since I was discussing probability and statistics…

No you were talking about the belief of something. That’s fully under sociology .

Gambler’s Fallacy doesn’t even apply here. I’m not talking about the given chance of an individual roll increasing because of negative prior results. I’m talking about the Law of Averages and I’m considering a large sample of outcomes. Gamblers Fallacy is commonly cited due to someone not understanding the context.

YOU ALL LIE!

Since you are all so smart? Why are gems still in the game? And also, since you are so smart…Is there a certain BAN or anything to get a toon into nightmare as lvl 1? Is that gonna change, or is everyone gonna have a HA HA HA when that is removed? Or secret drops, extra legs?

Take a gamble on that

Even better 4 hour limit per 24 hours. Per account… WOW that might even the odds a bit eh?

Bud they have help groups for additions.

RIGHT… Always trust a random toon offering in game advice for a price…