Teleporting into chests and doors

How do I avoid doing such things? It stops my teleporting and sometimes leaves me in sticky problems.

It’s just part of the mechanics. Learn to live with it and you’ll do just fine. All it takes is some cursor movement and you’ll be on your way.

sometimes you just gotta walk

2 Likes

If you hold Alt while Teleporting it prevents some things (like chests) from being clickable. It’s not a perfect solution, but it makes it go smoother in general.

1 Like

Thanks. Been a while since and remembered I posted this, but I have more for now that seems to help and I’ll try the alt clicking

This used to work in LoD but I’m not sure it works in D2R. Are you sure you don’t get stuck? I seem to get stuck now and then despite holding alt - or I’m doing something wrong…

dont hold the mouse button, continuouly click it, that works for me.
i have the same issue with static field, if you hold the button while hovering over the “wrong” stuff it will not work …

Holding Alt isn’t a perfect solution. It just makes less things clickable, it doesn’t stop all things from being clickable.

And I have to strongly disagree with Sal about not holding. Holding the button will always be faster once you hit a certain FCR breakpoint. The issue with holding is that sometimes you do get caught on stuff. (which is also a thing with clicking, it’s just easier to move off of things with the clicking method than with the holding method).

I need to see if the Inventory/Char Screen trick still works in D2R. Basically you open one of those based on which direction you want to go and it’ll help you not click on things. It didn’t seem to work when I first tried it on D2R, but I didn’t really test to see if you had to adjust how you do it.

1 Like

My solution (until they patch) was to reprogram my right click on the mouse. I have a Rival 310. For the right click function, I changed it from “Play Once” to “Repeat While Pressed”. I set the time interval to 1 millisecond. 1 ms is trivial in the grand scheme of things. I’m at the 105 FCR breakpoint which animates every 320 milliseconds. So you could argue this workaround takes a teleport performance hit of .003% which I’ll take any day compared to teleport stall in the Durance.

This also allows me to spam buy potions if I’m not using the belt unequip shortcut. Also I can clear out unwanted potions from my inventory quickly by holding right-click and just hovering over all the unwanted potions quickly.

The only negative side-effect I’ve noticed is the challenge when clicking on my Tome of Identify.

Be careful when gambling. Left click when gambling if you’re paranoid. But I tested the animation speed and it’s not a problem at all if you just right CLICK. It will rebuy if you right HOLD. It’s the same animation speed as buying anything else from a vendor. So test it out on potions if you’re concerned. You’ll see it’s easy to buy one potion at a time.

Move your mouse in small circles while teleporting, never gets stuck.