[Switch | Single player] New characters disappear after restarting the game

Hey everybody,

I’m playing Diablo II Resurrected on my Nintendo Switch, having the most recent patch installed. I encountered the following issue in offline-mode / single player: I’m currently having 26 characters, 23 of them being Barbarians used for item storage. Yesterday, I created 4 more characters, reaching the known limit of 30 characters. However, after restarting the game, the 4 new characters disappeared from the character list including all the items.
This is still reproducible. If I create any additional characters and restart the game, they will directly disappear from the list.

My Nintendo Switch has got enough space left; I even moved the game from the SD to the system storage for test purpose, but it did not help.

1 Like

you only can make 20 characters. How did u made 26?

1 Like

Sorry, one important part I forgot to mention: I’m talking about Offline-mode / singe player. For that, there is a Switch-specific limit of 30 characters.

I just got bitten by this as well. 26 (offline) characters was fine, but character 27-30 are gone after the game resets with no warning whatsoever.

Mourning my complete Aldur set and almost complete Tal Rasha and Trang Oul :frowning:

Has anybody tried this after the 2.4 patch again?

Unfortunately the issue is not solved yet.
I play on switch single player offline as well. And yesterday 3 new created charakters were removed after a restart. I get no notification that the max player count of 20 is reached when i was creating them. Therefore i lost all new charakters and with them all the good loot i wanted to keep. This is really annoying. This error can be reproduced.
I hope blizzard will fix this issue soon…

1 Like

Here we are, 1,5 years later… still having this problem

1 Like

Yep, I’m stuck at 11 characters now, and any new one that I create disappears after restarting the game. This happens even if I create several characters, all of them will dissapear.

Funnily enough, a few months ago I was stuck in the same situation with 10 characters (New characters won't save after closing game (Nintendo Switch)) and one day a new sorc saved properly and I didn’t lose it, but now it’s happening again. I reinstalled the game (Switch) but that didn’t solve it.

2 Likes

Experiencing the same thing, I’ve tried litterally everything that was suggested on this forum. Nothing helps.

1 Like

Just want to share my experiences. Noticed the bug and went to forums. Finally I wondered if it had something to do with the time between creating a char and closing the game. Did not have this issue with the first 16 chars but now I tried creating char and leaving it in game during the night and it worked. Dont know how long it had to be, surely not a whole 8 hours as in my tries but it worked the 2 times I tried and will try tonight again. Perhaps others can confirm