Superior repair need rework

Superior Weapons and Armor need a rework, the repair costs are unrealistic, if you want play normaly and do not all the time countess run you cannot find enough ral and ort runes on the way to maintenance your Equipment. At this point we need a bit more quality of life, its hard enough to find these equipment bases.

6 Likes

This is why you don’t make runewords in superior items.

3 Likes

No, this is a thing they can fix. When you have the oppertunity to build that, then do it! but with this unrealistic repair costs it makes no sense and prevented some of the possibilities in the game.

2 Likes

Higher repair costs is the trade-off for using a superior base. Use a non-superior base if you want cheaper repair costs.

The higher repair cost is not due to the item being superior as not all items that are superior have higher repair costs. What drives the repair costs up is when a superior item rolls Increased Durability. The higher the % Increased Durability, the higher the repair costs go though the roof. If a superior item doesn’t have Increased Durability, you will not have a significant repair cost. Below are some tips you can use to avoid the repair costs:

1. Only make runewords out of superior items that don’t have Increased Durability
  2. If you have a runeword in an item base with Increased Durability you can repair them without spending gold by using the Horadric Cube:
  • Ort + weapon = fully repaired weapon

• Ral + armor = fully repaired armor

Hopefully this is helpful and saves you some gold so you can build up a massive gold stash and gamble it away at Gheed or Jamella.

1 Like

I cant understand you, okay when you play a sorceress, hammerdin, poison necro or something like that, i can understood that Superior is not at highest priority and when i check the playerbase 60% plays sorceress and you want highly + skill and you can renounce Superior in most cases.

But when you play a Melee you want the more dmg to Survive and leech HP, you want the more Defence to avoid some Hits to Survive, Melees have less AoE than other spellcaster and already a difficult life in D2 but despite this it makes fun to play a Melee so plz give us a bit more appreciation.
And to repeat myself i now i can repair with Runes but the Durability goes faster down than i find a new Rune.( And my Weapon does not have increased Durability but repair costs 240.000 Gold). A run with 55 durability to Zero on average i find 25.000 Gold, more with collect high value Armors and Staves but in this case you can realy often use town Portal to sell.
p.s. i need ort for crafing to and cannot give all them to repair.

2 Likes

This is wrong. All superior items have high repair costs. The specific superior attributes doesn’t really matter in that regard.

3 Likes

I made Duress in a superior Wyrmhide with 11% enhanced defense and default 24 durability. Each point of durability is about 90k to repair.

1 Like

And thats the problem, Games should make fun and you happy but the costs are frustrating.

I cannot take your comment seriously because I cannot recognize any screams on my part and i only point out inconsistencies in the game system.

Maybe i should to Go to technical Forums and not Bug Forums.
what I do not understand is why many are satisfied with the is status and do not want to advance. +I cannot See a mechanic in this.
Can a qualified employee please attend the problem?
I don’t want to discuss, I want Blizzard to address the problem that there are functions in the game that prevent smooth gaming.
I cannot maintain my equipment under the conditions.

You should be encouraged to make runewords in superior items as this makes the item better. You can play around a problem, but this doesn’t make it not a problem. The cost of repairing a superior runeword should be 1.15% more than repairing a normal item, or maybe 2x Max. This is a problem that they can and should fix. Also consider how many new players make their first Fortitude etc in a superior base because they don’t know about this and screw themselves. In case it wasn’t obvious, I’m saying this because it just happened to me. I’d been playing the game for years and just found my first Lo rune. Put it into a nice superior base because I genuinely didn’t know about this bug. Costs about 1m gold (or a Ral rune) to fully repair. This is dumb as hell.

Blizzard, please fix.

PS - Ryujin, you are incorrect. My superior item has enhanced def but normal durability and is still insanely expensive to repair.

3 Likes

this is a stupid response. Superior items are then not superior…its game design flaw/bug that things cost more gold than you can hold, not an excuse NOT to use Superior items which are designed in every way to be Superior. I get extra costs for superior items but more gold than you can hold is a busted bug, not a design decision to “balance” superior items…why do you even speak?

there’s no trade-off. thats like saying not using a bugged item is the trade off for not using the item - its not a balance thing. when things cost ore gold than you can hold, its not a design choice its a bug. extra cost for superior items is somewhat understandable but not to the extent it is now (more gold than u can hold? thats stupid), then the superior item is not superior at all

whats the design value behind superior items then? Why would you give reasons NOT to use the rarest and most highly stated items for runewords? thats not balance, thats oversight or bug.

1 Like

confirmed, durability or no-- superior repair costs are outrageous

well i have last wish in a superior berserker axe, if you dont know how get gold easy or dont have a ton of RAL runes on a mule you are playing it wrong