Sunders are a noob trap outside of sorceresses

im sorry it just has to be said.

letting someone deal 5% damage vs an enemy is not worth the - resists.

in unless your filthy rich or a sorc, there is no point in sunders.

magic sunder is laughtable as there is no way to lower thier magic resist, or raise yours, and no, nobody uses a safety monarch. so its 95%.

phsyical has the same issue. stuck at 95% unless u already had a way of lowering breaking it.

and all phsyical classes have a way to break or ignore immune outside of druid because apparently blizzards hates us.

poison sunder does nothing becase necro already has lower resist… and rabies is worthless in hell even if they oly have 25% poison resist because of the duration

unless your playing a sorc… 9 times out of 10 using a sunder is going way more harm than good.

1 Like

i have to say that doesn’t make much sense to me.

but…

physical res can be lowered again with decripify. found on reapers toll… so phys sunder + reapers toll could actually be decent. this is a theory craft as i haven’t tried it but i know it works for nado druid (before sunder), so i assume it will work just fine on top of a sunder.

and i do agree with you, that if you’re not a elemental dmg type, sunders are pretty bad. but sunders are just a bad item. PERIOD. they should have never been added, and they should’ve just nerfed hammer pallies just a TINY bit. so 20k max dmg turns into like 13-15k … still OP.

Sunders were a buff to hammerdins :slight_smile: They don’t have to free up 3 slots for a useless charm and can instead equip something better. Monster that deal magic damage in D2r are some of the strongest DPS monster in the game. I can’t see a reason for having this charm even exist in its current iteration.

Lightning Fury Javazon, Fire Bowazon, Frostmaiden, Doom Druid, Fire Druid, Destruction Druid, Fire Trapsin, Lightning Trapsin… they all benefit from Sunder charms more or less.

I think Sunder charms are an okay way to open up endgame for otherwise helpless builds. I agree it doesn’t do as much for meele let alone magic, but meele never had too many problems with immunes and magic frankly needs no further buffs.

1 Like

phys scharm is great for summonecro
it spd up the first corpse when dealing with PIs

lighting fury is hlaf physical and doesn’t really care about immunes, bowzon is also physical. druid dont run doom… and if trhey they… it also deals phsyical, fire druid is half physical, as are all oither druid u mentioned, light trapsin have CE on death sentry

fire trapsin… maybe.

and hanz… i fail to see how phsyical sunder would speed up first corpse… you have amp
at best they will be at -5% instead of 0%

I’ve literally never equipped a sunder charm

amp is 1/5 against not sundered mobs

i guess that makes sense

Since when is Lightning Fury half physical? The skill damage is 100% Lightning.

Also, I don’t think Amp or Decrep work at 1/5th on immunes, they work at full. It’s just Lower Res, Conviction, and Cold Mastery that work at 1/5th.

1 Like

I generally keep a sunder in the cube in case I get stuck on something immune and I need to deal with it. Other than that I generally agree, it’s not as useful unless you are running around with conviction as you have sunder to break the immunity and the conviction to get your damage working.

All except poison Necy. By gear I’m usually running -75%, Lower Resists drop it an easy -60% so having the sunder break the immunity before I drop the resists to nothing is nice. Then again sporting Dweb and 3 piece trangs is usually about as ‘expensive’ as infinity + all the other fun…

• DR -100% is reduced to DR -20% (1/5) against Immune to Physical monsters: this is applied to undead before Sanctuary

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php/Amplify_Damage

CM was the only exception, thats the main reason so many asked for its inclusion to the rule

Hmm, that’s news to me.

in fact
what i said here

made no sense

CM was never able to break immunes
so the fact that it worked at full potential after cold immunity was broken is the same way everything else works

they basically created a new rule (1/5 even after immunity is broken by a scharm) and decided to include CM after all the whining

amp and decrep got a pass on this new rule probably bc phys builds have very little ways to break PI

you just disqualified yourself :smiley:

eberabio explicitely wrote FIRE Bowazon. :man_facepalming:

What is the date on that article? and, I did not see Sunders noted.
Everything I have read say Sunder applies to PI’s first, then full effect of Amp and Decrep is applied the the remaining 95%…

Sure feels like it when running BoneBreak and Reapers.
And, when my Druid destroys PI’s running BoneBreak/Atma’s and a Bow… hmm…

My Fury Druid works really well in PI heavy areas with that exact combo.

1 Like

the controverse was about if amp and decrep worked at full against non sundered PIs

and thats completely true
as i said, we were talking about non sundered PIs

1 Like

I have to say I’m still skeptical about Amp and Decrep working at 1/5th. I have always been under the strong impression they work at full vs. immunes. Amazon Basin says otherwise, but I can’t find any other sources that confirm it. Arreat Summit, Diablo Wiki, and Pure Diablo all mention LR/Conviction working at 1/5th on immunes, but none of them make any mention of it regarding Amp/Decrep.

Without further evidence, I’m inclined to chalk it up to a mistaken assumption on Amazon Basin’s part.

The AB is never wrong :wink:

Physical immunity works just the same as elemental immunity, when trying to break it, it works at 20% until it is broken. The other sites are effectively saying the same as they just say ‘immunities’ not differentiating the difference between physical and elemental as they use the same system.

1 Like