Sunday maintenance, really?

How dare they do maintenance to make their game better! The audacity!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little streamer preference, but I can’t imagine there’s much. It definitely did seem that streamers had a bit better luck with the character lockouts, but there were some big streamers that got locked out for hours as well.

I had the same issue with the lockout, somewhere around 12 or 13 hours for mine.

Well, I was fine before the “fix” and now my character is STUCK!!!

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:
It’s a shame to release a game in this state…I can’t remember which youtuber said right after the open beta that the game was never going to be release in a good shape if they maintaint the 09/23 date and suggested to have a longer beta on 09/23 with all acts and all chars.

2 Likes

Any guess for how long it will take to come back online?

Also to anyone trying to shame me with the “be happy they’re working on it” comments, I paid for a finished product, as you all did, I’m not happy I paid for something I cannot use at the moment. Sure crap happens and we deal with it, just don’t tell me I should be happy we’re dealing with it

2 Likes

i could play before the maintenance now im locked too… wtf is that

1 Like

I am going to go by the Message in the announcement

So, I guess a couple hours from now?

1 Like

Literally everything they’re doing is making it worse. Just take the darn servers down until they find and fix the issues. Even if it takes a few days. I’d be totally ok with this. Much more ok than all these frustrations.

Begs a question: has anyone seen any sales/player counts published yet? I can’t find any. I’m very curious about this for a selfish reason. The better those numbers, the more $$$ Blizz will send D2R’s way for maintenance/updating.

Of course, the converse is true as well… :confused:

All these threads about “I’m trying to log in” when they said they would have a 3-hour maintenance… you’re the reason the whole thing needs to just be turned off while they work.

No. I am not really expecting them to release numbers though. They don’t tend to these days. We shall see.

We are most likely to hear something at the Q3 Investor meeting in early Nov. Q3 ends at the end of Sept and that meeting is when they will review it.

1 Like

Nope, sorry. The launcher said(still does) it is LIVE maintenance and we MAY experience disconnects, but should be able to log back in. This is Blizzard’s fault, not ours for complaining.

Maintenance is on a Sunday because you guys should obviously be in church.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s Blizzard’s fault for doing it like this FIRST. However, there’s a point where people are just stupid too. Complaining is fine, but keeping on trying to log in and make characters when your stuff isn’t there, all that … just stop. That’s why it SHOULD just be shut down.

I have maintained that Blizzard should shut the servers down until the issues are found and fixed. Even if it takes a few days. Every band-aid they attempt just makes things worse.

Why? We paid for it so he has all the right to complain about it. This game is unstable and there’s so many things wrong with it.
Feels lazy to me to release a game that is not ready and just patch things whenever people start complaining.
I agree with him that’s it’s a stupid to do on a sunday evening.

2 Likes

I’m just annoyed and pissy with it all. And it’s because I love Blizzard games and know they can do better.

1 Like

Im loving the game, also spent 18 hours locked out. I didn’t say he couldn’t complain. I made a statement. Be patient and positive.

This is coming from the same people who told me to quit complaining, it was only Day 1. Well, it’s Day 4 now, and I’m still blocked by the exact same errors as day 1. Can I legitimately start complaining now???

Looking over the patch notes, they’re kind of modest, actually. Especially for a 3hour outage. And they still aren’t addressing the elephant in the room.