Sunday maintenance, really?

Can log in, no characters present, can’t create characters…on a Sunday?

1 Like

be happy they are working on it and not taking the day off.

13 Likes

there are still tons of people that still can’t even play the game, so it makes sense they would try to fix it asap

3 Likes

They only do this if needed. There are many thousands who can’t play at all because their chars are locked in limbo. They can’t even make new chars and play.

They prioritize issues that impact a LOT of people and prevent them from playing at all. That is why they are doing this as soon as they had a stable fix to apply. Fingers crossed it works and folks get unstuck for good.

12 Likes

To be fair, it is still only day 4, and the launch has been plagued with everything (server issues, character roll backs game crashing, you name it), so I wouldn’t expect them to have everything under control before next week.

But, all in all, this game should have been pushed back at least 2 months. This is a live beta test. Long gone are the days of Blizzard polish and ‘‘It’ll be ready when it’s ready’’.

5 Likes

I’m happy they are doing that for the people who got locked out today. Wasn’t even aware this issue was still happening.

I’m a little salty that they didn’t act quicker when I was locked out for like 15 hours this week. Wish they would have fixed it faster for me then, but it seemed like they didn’t want to disrupt streamers going for their world first runs. Maybe that’s not what delayed them from restarting servers, but it sure looked like it to me.

If it wasn’t being worked on during a Sunday then you would be making another thread also crying it took them so long to fix stuff.

2 Likes

Ah I was not aware there were a lot of people that couldn’t even play, I would say that should take preference before an individual being able to play, so apologies for that.

That being said, it actually makes it even worse, Blizzard has been making online games for decades…

1 Like

I was still on, and happy that I was able to play, but the game crashed and now I am locked out. Hopefully no rollback since I got no message about maintenance.

GG

Yea its a bit annoying but be happier that they are working on the bugs in the game. It clearly shipped before it was ready and the studio is obviously struggling to contain it’s dumpster fire status but at least they’re working on it today? :laughing:

How dare they do maintenance to make their game better! The audacity!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a little streamer preference, but I can’t imagine there’s much. It definitely did seem that streamers had a bit better luck with the character lockouts, but there were some big streamers that got locked out for hours as well.

I had the same issue with the lockout, somewhere around 12 or 13 hours for mine.

Well, I was fine before the “fix” and now my character is STUCK!!!

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:
It’s a shame to release a game in this state…I can’t remember which youtuber said right after the open beta that the game was never going to be release in a good shape if they maintaint the 09/23 date and suggested to have a longer beta on 09/23 with all acts and all chars.

2 Likes

Any guess for how long it will take to come back online?

Also to anyone trying to shame me with the “be happy they’re working on it” comments, I paid for a finished product, as you all did, I’m not happy I paid for something I cannot use at the moment. Sure crap happens and we deal with it, just don’t tell me I should be happy we’re dealing with it

2 Likes

i could play before the maintenance now im locked too… wtf is that

1 Like

I am going to go by the Message in the announcement

So, I guess a couple hours from now?

1 Like

Literally everything they’re doing is making it worse. Just take the darn servers down until they find and fix the issues. Even if it takes a few days. I’d be totally ok with this. Much more ok than all these frustrations.

Begs a question: has anyone seen any sales/player counts published yet? I can’t find any. I’m very curious about this for a selfish reason. The better those numbers, the more $$$ Blizz will send D2R’s way for maintenance/updating.

Of course, the converse is true as well… :confused: