State of the game rant

20 different people want 20 different kind of mods/changes.

So which one should become the main game? Whatever it is - 19 of 20 people will be disappointed that way.

3 Likes

And there there is a modded server offering 95% of what they want, no effort needed to install dozens of addons and it has a server with a playerbase

It’s pretty easy to see what choice people would make

1 Like

You cant offer everything that 20 different people want in one mod.

Just an easy example, some want runes dropping twice as much, some want them to be twice as rare.
How do you satisfy those 2 groups simultaneously?

I guarantee you that the crowd who wants less frequent rune drops is a very small and vocal minority.

As far as giving both of the pro change and anti change camps what they want, the solution is simple: A paid expansion.

Those who want all of the extra features can pay for it. Those who just want a remastered game can stand pat.

2 Likes

Actually the opposite is true.

Many people (including me) would prefer the way smaller droprates of HRs from pre 1.13. That way - if you get rid of duping - the great runewords like Enigma would actually become more rare and uniques would get used more often automatically.
Without even implementing weird changes most people wouldn´t like anyway.

Nah.

If you truly want the horrible rune drop rates the way they were, you can choose to only keep every 20th Zod rune you find.

1 Like

I agree with Dark for once

Wanting to reduce rune drop rate to push people toward Unique is a pretty dim witted approach

So you basically want to force bad Unique down the throat of people by creating a scarcity of better options

Instead of just making Unique items more interesting in the first place which would reduce the appeal toward Runewords therefor needing runes importance

So for the same result you prefer to hinder the game rather than improve it… Great

1 Like

TLDR: I have been banned a while and I am now back ranting till the next ban. Everybody who has more than me or has a different opinion must be a botter and/or itemshop owner

bots dont own first place on ladder

i was second place on the ladder during early 1.13 as a full legit player(lvl 98) but i also had a lot of free time on my hands and the energy to commit to long play(10 hours a day)…never spent a cent on jsp back then and neither would i now

currently mrllama is second place(known streamer) and you wish to call him a bot for real ?)…

also bot goal is $$$ earning by mfing…not hit lvl 99 which has no use for $$$$ gain

mutual hostility doesn’t exist in most high lvl duel rooms…additionaly pkers assault can backfire if they picked on players better than them…let them have their fun…only mod which it should not be entirely acceptable is hardcore for obvious reason…ppl just chicken right away over there when hostiled…good player or not…sorry but to me you dont sound like a grown up for not being able to tank on some hot case

your not being torture physically or mentally by getting yell at constantly
your toys ain’t taken away…just displaced for a few seconds(room remake//ambush pker)
your not being hunted for hours with it never ending by 1 single player(abusing lvl of pking)

those 3 dudes in your story must been hella stupid to listen to someone they know is hostile…basicly the barb offer to slaughter them and they gladly accept…i doubth even a dislexic person(trouble reading sentences//names) would fall for that

character slots being lacking is a well known thing

ppl play the game…they just can’t bother doing the walk way again with alts after they get their first char to high lvl…so rush it is…in other word which would you choose between the following ?

live in prehistoric era with 0 tools at disposal ?
or live in the futur with everything making your life easier without having to go trough
researching techs by trial and experiments ?
basicly you desire to go back to old way and discard everything you worked hard for that could of been helpful
this way of thinking is massively flawed from my view point

d2 jsp store dont affect your gameplay either…ppl playing heavily can easily concur with a few bots…especialize if they do teamwork for lvling purpose…at worse they boost up economy by 20%…this said i have yet to see a single bot…however…there are a few players i suspected of using map reveal H–K due to how fast they reach throne from lvl 3 on a constant basis(on at least 10+ run observing their speed)…lvl 2 to 3 there a trick for fast find…but WS3 to throne there isn’t a fast trick known which can easily be use to deduct if a player cheat

if there is a trick its not known publicly…someone that screenshot lvl 3 maps might find a pattern…weither something like spiralling clockwise//counter clock…front or back of stairs…go X side then turn X side

meh. the majority is probably the guys who will jump into free games to get geared instead of playing the game. some times you got to give them not what they want but what they need.

Actually: this is one of the easiest things to address with mods.

For instance: my favorite mods in Mount and Blade Warband had in-game settings allowing the player to customize a bunch of different settings (bows doing more damage, crossbow damage piercing armor, horse archer AI behavior changes, lower/higher caps on NPC skills, or whatever… toggleable switches for so many options, most of which completely changed gameplay balance).

Also: my favorite moddable games would be Terraria and Skyrim. Both are supported so you can load dozens of different mods at the same time, each changing little things or adding as much as a traditional game expansion would. Modding in general has improved by light years since the old days when MedianXL was new :wink:

I suppose the biggest problem would be trying to get a bunch of people to agree and play together with certain rulesets online… much like the base game currently… I personally think Modding works best on single-player games, or with small groups playing together (friends in real life type of small groups).

1 Like

I had originally stumbled over the “remove Enigma” and thought, well let’s keep reading and see where this goes. At this point I just stopped. You don’t want D2, you want something else. Go find it. This is coming from someone that has never turned on hostility to hunt down another player, but has been hunted.

1 Like

Regarding lobby:

Just checked 12 whole games, with 32 total players, half of which don’t even speak English … can’t party up that way …

still crap chat in lobby … if you cannot fix what you broke in lobby chat … then, at the very least … put it back the way it was until you do figure it out … can’t be that hard.

still spam-bots littering the one chatroom/lobby.

Can 1 of the 2 people that handle this game fix this stuff? I mean you did redo D2 to make D2R, at least fix the basics: CHAT!

If noobs were playing HC, they weren’t long for this world anyway. The PKer did them a favor. I don’t disagree that some kind of accord needs to be reached there, but any smart HC player knows a bunch of way to avoid PK/Hostile players. HC is not where you start your D2 career.

Add a mapping system.
Add a currency stab tab where gems/runes all stack.
Add a recipe to convert jewels to a stackable craft material.
Buff Bnet loot to players 5 at minimum(up from players 1).
Give Meph draw in + enrage if you try to moat trick him.
Make bosses immune to slow/decrepify.
Lower all Hell difficulty enemies defense by 20%.
Give teleport a 5 second cooldown.

Why is making the game easier always suggested? This is literally one of the easiest and most mindless games I’ve ever played.

Better non-runeword items

People that want better rune drops don’t care about it anymore because runewords aren’t the most powerful Bis anymore, other alternatives exists

People that want to lower rune drop don’t care about it anymore because runewords aren’t the most powerful Bis anymore, other alternatives exists

Damn that was easy for my Not-simpleton mind

Do you have more like this

Problem is for me that there is absolutely no content to do after you done hell, and got your gear… I don’t have time to create 10 fully geared chars like i had 20 years ago, and there is nothing to do after you done Diablo clone which is a joke now, anni not even sellable and done your ubers game is pretty much over - its booring to do mephisto / baal / diablo 6000000000 times, and it is waaay to easy when you first get geared.

Longer season would simply just reduce the player base even more, there is already not many people playing any longer, perhaps some is waiting for the thrill of starting over some probably left for other games.
If there is no new content added i don’t think they can do longer seasons eventho it would be beneficial for the game.

1 Like

Ya I liked when it was longer than 4 months

There you got Just a regular player speaker the hard truth

And here is the light at the end of the long boring tunnel

Simple stuff to implement

1 Like