Spearazon and resists

So building a lightning spearzon finally, and really enjoying the playstyle.

But I noticed that resists are a pain. I’m used to my melee toons having either shields, or my Barbs with their inherent resists. How you you take care of resists on a spearazon without selling your car to afford a dozen Charms with resist all on them?

So far I’ve been just packing my inventory with whatever resist charms I can find, but is it really an issue? do your passives help out, or am I just going to have to wear some defensive gear and shelf my damage gear for some with resists?

I have an Infinity Spearzon this ladder, really fun and she can clear P8 easily.

Yes resists require a bit of work but it’s not too difficul, especially if u focus on Fire and Light res (I have 70% fire and 85% light)

Cold it’s only 35% but with Raven frost (cold absorb) and lack of cold damage by the mobs, it’s not an issue.
Poison is 50ish but I use A5 merc with Plague, so with Cleasing Aura, poison is not an issue at all.

In inventory I have 3 small charm for FireRes, 1 small charm for LightRes, 3 small charm +5 all res and 2 Grand Charm +15 all res

Only the +5 all sc is a bit expensive, the rest is affordable. I sacrifice some damage because with this setup I have 2 skillers missing, but the damage is so damn high even with 3 java skiller only.

Awesome, thx for the feedback!

I’m loving the lightning spearzon. Don’t have enough time to build it on ladder so it was easier to do on NL. To me it was basically if you go Enigma resists are going to suffer(unless you are rolling in those SCs) so I made a CoH. With a couple frw/resist charms I’m capped on fire/light and around 50 on cold/poison which is enough to handle P8 games. Im working on getting more Java frw GCs and use an act 1 merc with harmony for the extra speed and it’s been a lot of fun. I only have 2 skillers right now and the damage seems totally fine.

k listen up, im kind of a professional at this.

so being an infinity spearMAIDEN, your first problem is that you likely dont have the right merc. An infinity spearMAIDEN uses either an act 3 fire merc or an act 1 fire merc. i prefer act 3 for the enchant.

k here’s where you get 107% fire resist for free.
you put a Flickering Flame on that mercboy/girl
k that’s a LOT of free resist, right?
k now you should be able to manage the rest with charms and some good tri-resists javi gloves. Thundergods is decent budget item and covers lightning absorb pretty good if you wear it.

Also, Infinity has charges of Cyclone armor if you’re feeling min/maxy

2 Likes

Some reference here if you need.