Solo Self Found ladder / game rooms

I don’t want to play with, around or against BOTs and wallets (D2JSP abusers)

5 Likes

A SSF ladder isn’t going to stop botters. It will slow them down a bit, because the RMT incentive won’t exist, but people will still run bots to farm items/XP.

There’s no escaping the clutches of the Game Genie/cheatcode generation of noobs.

2 Likes

EVERYTHING I find in-game is self-found by myself only.

EVERYTHING I hunt for on JSP, is all self-found and solo by me. I searched it, I hunted it, I found it, and I traded for it … on JSP. All on my own.

I mean, I guess I could pay someone to go on jsp for me and find stuff I wanted, but then … it wouldn’t be solo self found anymore.

GOOD NEWS!!!

There is a play mode just for you!!!

You will NEVER play around bots!
You will NEVER play around “wallets”!

It’s called: SINGLE PLAYER!

YAY!

AND, it will be your own self-proclaimed SSF mode!!!

AND, you can actually “simulate” playing with others! [1-8 players, fake ones at that … no need to conversate, you can be a total introvert]

I am so glad we were able to accommodate you in your endeavors. Who said D2R couldn’t make everyone happy?

1 Like

You have trouble understanding English, I see :rofl:

1 Like

And, quite obviously, you do NOT take into account the WHOLE post. You do not see the hypocrisy nor the humor.

You simply “snip” any small portion you so desire to try and bend the entire post’s context and TROLL AWAY!

Congrats on your troll abilities, they are now +1.

… any more attacks on something you disagree with??

Any possible response involving a glimmer of intelligence?

Maybe even a small attempt at humor?

I don’t think you have the capacity of either. Yet you do in fact possess an innate ability to troll!

Even though my primary language has always been English, do you often attack others because they speak another language? Or does it simply make it easier for you to troll and attempt to belittle?

Feel better about yourself?

a ssf mode for bnet would be cool

2 Likes

It would be, yes. But that requires work being done by Blizzard… Don’t want to cut too deeply into the “maintenance mode fund”… Might have to do more banwaves to “keep it topped off”, if you know what I mean.

:rofl:

3 Likes

if there is something we cant count on…

1 Like

Even though SP exists already …

What would be the purpose of “online” SSF? By the stated “rules”, you cannot trade for items, you cannot purchase items, you cannot be “gifted” items … by playing it online, you add the temptation to violate those “rules” and would never know what was true or not … you wouldn’t know whom got help to get to Hell Act 5 just to MF high end areas and outshine the rest of you …

Another point of contention:

The online version was intended to be played as a group. To overcome obstacles that you could not solo as a group … to play together, as a team, possibly making online friends …

With the injection of way overpowered runewords, D4 runewords, and bots … it’s already become a tragedy of single player online … why would we encourage this further and move yet further away from group play? Shouldn’t we be trying to do the opposite? Encouraging group play? Encouraging playing/working together to accomplish everything? Encouraging camaraderie? Working together, learning together, teaching new players “the ropes”, enjoying the game together? Maybe enjoying the company of another human being? Maybe enjoying in-game conversations? Maybe laughing together, as a group, when something “stupid” happens?

Just my thoughts.

Or is this another indoctrination by numerous alts and employees to move this even more forward towards total solo player and the way of consoles?

Methinks there’s more underhandedness going on here than meets the eye … methinks … after all, it IS a MULTIPLAYER game and was always advertised as such. But, gives introverts the option to play the game alone using Single Player.

So, why push to make it worse in favor of botters/RMT’rs/cheaters? Why not advocate for fixing the real issues: botting/hacking/cheating/RMT’ing?

Or is it the RMT’rs/botters that are using the many alts to push their agenda and indoctrinate you into thinking and playing their way???

Seems to me, that should “the owners” of this game/company spend time rectifying these issues, the game would be once again highly enjoyable to play.

This game is NOT a console game and is NOT owned by cheaters/hackers/botters/RMT’rs. So why not make this clear and fix the underlying issues?

Going SSF will not fix these issues and work would still have to be done to rectify it. So instead of misdirecting and wasting that effort … concentrate of ridding the game of the useless vermin and game destroying runewords?

1 Like

I quite heartily agree: there should be more push to encourage group play as well as better fighting against RMT and bots.

I’m very confused here (perhaps I do have trouble understanding English :thinking:).

Are you suggesting a mode that prevents trading with other people is… favoring RMT folks?

If that is your opinion: please explain. I was logically assuming the opposite.

(I do not think any RMT purchaser or seller would be advocating a Solo-Self-Found mode…)

I tried. I really did. :man_shrugging: I read your whole post, and I still feel like you are the one “trolling.” :man_facepalming:

Here is why you sound like a troll

You are (purposely?) making it sound like you do not know what is being asked for and arguing… kind of… against something else…

In order to “get help” to get to Act 5 Hell in a solo game mode would literally require hacking.

People are asking for such “rules” to be enforced by the game/servers (you know… the “solo-self-found” mode part…).

Disclaimer

I honestly do not care about a SSF mode one way or the other. I am not “against it because dev time would be better spent on something I actually want.” Let’s be honest: there is no developer time being spent on D2R anymore. :roll_eyes:

I do strongly dislike botting and RMT cheating nonsense, however.

I can understand the claim that “people would still bot.” Apparently people were botting D3 after the paragon ladders were added? That was still a solo something or other?

Maybe people actually caring about such competitions could also have “time played” recorded and displayed as well as… whatever you are actually “racing” towards? character level? so it would be obvious which accounts left bots running overnight, etc. I am not sure what exactly people are comparing, or competing for, but you get the idea.

It is only for bragging rights, yes? More information could help invalidate… uh… bragging rights that people had when botting?

I don’t look at “ladders” so I’m just assuming some things here. I’m honestly not sure what people mean when they say they have a “top” spot :rofl:

I seem to recall… way back in the day… people accused of using “teams” to do it (before bots were a thing) so that a character was played 24/7 while a team of players took turns playing the game and slept in shifts :saluting_face: Now that is a level of dedication that I assumed earned the top spot, whatever that was at the time :clap:

Just ignore it. Everything is somehow for the benefit of RMT to him somehow. I’m surprised he hasn’t come out against moving Cain in Act 5 next to the stash because “it would only benefit d2stores” by making it quicker to ID drops.

Very simple… The ease of seeing where one ranks versus a pool of others who are playing the same way… Which right now can’t easily be done. It’d be nice to also add a time played statistic on the rankings, that way we can easily spot the bots/account sharers running 24/7. (Probably good to add it to ALL ladder modes)

It could be as simple as a SSF checkbox on character creation, along with a SSF checkbox filter when browsing the leaderboards.

There’s no valid argument against a SSF ladder becoming a reality, so I’m not sure why you are making like there is one with giant walls of pointless text about it benefitting botters, because it won’t.

As far as “fixing” botting, Blizzard has tried with limited success… The botters learned how they were detected and made better and more undetectable bots. It’s a never ending cat and mouse battle that no company wants to sink endless resources of time and money into battling.

Also, this is actually a single player game with multiplayer capabilities. It just so happens that multiplayer is the more popular mode of play. In the original game, if multiplayer was indeed intended to be the primary mode of play, then the main menu would default to multiplayer, with an optional “single player” function. With D2:R, they’ve made it default to the mode last played with the separate online and offline player lists.

No just convulsively blurting “play single player” here huh

Using d2jsp to trade isnt bad i wouldnt spend real money on it would hardly call it “abusing” with all the other mechanics and exploits that get used