Solo Cows: Rune Figures

The sad reality is it’s not really worth running Andy. You get everything from Meph that she drops. She may have the quest drop bug but Meph generally drops really well anyway and you can get additional items.
If you can teleport (or play SP) basically you should not do anything except Meph until you pretty much got what you needed from there (or you get bored).
I’m not a very hardcore player, got a full job, but in the past weeks I found a ton of useful stuff, mostly from Meph and Countess. If anything my drops were better than usual for such a short period, already getting Shako and Soj from Meph along with some nice amazon/smiter gear, Ohm / 2x Ist / 2x Mal from countess, and several elite polearm bases, monarch etc from the usual other sources. Slightly unhappy with Nihlathak only, but with his drop chances it’s normal that I haven’t really gotten anything particularly good other than the odd 20 or so dkeys. (it’s why you run Meph - for the lot higher drop rates)

Diablo 2 was made in an era where game developers did not hold the players’ hand. Progress was hard-earned and for me that’s what I enjoy about playing a game. Nowadays players expect getting the equivalence of a participation trophy so they don’t feel upset. It’s ridiculous.

Also, if you want high runes then forget about Countess. The best she can drop is an ist and even that is rare as hell.

6 Likes

What do you mean by auto farm options?

Correct. You’re lying. At best, you’re making up how many runs you’ve done or the stuff that’s dropping just isn’t what you’re wanting. Just like that dipstick last week talking about 2000 runs of only blues and yellows. It’s just a plain lie.

a boat load, And i still get BS, I Get better BS from NM Countess/Trav/Meph/Chaos Runs and such. The Loot system is TRASH Heck the 2nd/3rd time i got NOT A SINGLE RUNE From Hell Countess. I Love how people answer is ‘just do it some more’ and expect that to work

Hell diablo > hell cow and you get bonus at the end

Just ignore that jessi and thaco guy, they should just leave the game, as all the other kids crying for more loot without putting in the effort.

2 Likes

The problem with running meph is with my current max mf gear I can’t get to meph safely and consistently (not even hitting 63 fcr), and my time to kill (only getting +2 skills) is kinda bad on meph. I basically just wanted to find a bit more stuff before I start running meph. Actually what I could really use is a spirit monarch for the fcr and +skills, but I haven’t dropped a monarch yet. I can get that from hell cows can’t I? And just larzuk it?

1 Like

Sounds like newbie mistakes here.

Get gear that makes you strong enough to farm, after that get as much as mf in without losing the farming power.

Yes monarch from hell cows get 4 sox at larzuk

Unfortunately this is currently meaningless as there are already MAPhacking and botting programs running wild in the TW servers .

It is only a matter of times before they have completely crush the Western servers economy as well .

Yes I am a newbie, i have only briefly played d2 before d2r, never even made it to hell difficulty back then. I don’t have friends that are into d2 and a lot of the guides online have slightly conflicting info, so I wasn’t sure where to go with it. I just figured push the MF as far as I can to make the drops actually worth it, and since I was doing fine on hell Andy I figured what the hell just keep farming it. But I will take your advice for sure

1 Like

I probs just replied to the wrong person lol

Whats really helping is weapon switching to a MF slot. So get good fighting/porting stats in main wpn slot and switch to a pure mf slot before you land the killing blow.

Well what would I be switching to, ideally? I have a shield with 25 mf, but that’s the only weapon slot item I have with mf on it.

you can try to gamble a Gull dagger with a lvl 11 twink. has 100mf on it

1 Like

Ahh that’s good to know. I heard that MF effects gamble is that true?

Life is like that, you need to persist and keep the hard work to earn the reward. If you want instant rewards you are playing the wrong game. Guess you have never tried the Holy Grail Challenge in D2Lod, because if you had you would know that good items drop if you try hard enough. If you want to get a tyrael’s might within 10 baal runs you are crazy my friend. Same goes for runes, you are asking to get tons of high runes instantly for little effort. Pro players have played D2lod for tenths of thousands of hours to get the good stuff. If you check the trade section or trades ingame you will see there are tons of jah, bers, griffons, and other hard to find items going around alot, and very cheap compared to the first 2 weeks after launch.

Its like asking to get your whole year salary for working only 1 month. Be patient and persistent stuff will drop.

Btw I got an ist yerterday at countess, and have gotten TONS of keys from her, the summoner and nihaltak after doing less than 100 runs. You just don’t know how life works.

Only the people with the worst luck complaints about it, hes probably one of those.

1 Like

Negative, ghost rider.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Gambling

• Unique: 1/2000 (.05%)
  • Set: 2/2000 (.1%)
  • Rare: 200/2000 (10%)
  • Magical: 1797/2000 (89%)
2 Likes

I started with a MFblizz, but not too much dropped the past couple weeks. Starting up a fishymancer to run wsk+baal which should be better.

1 Like