Today is March 2, 2022 and the dtr ladder still has not started as far as I know.
It’s 11:45 am. Would be nice If they could tell us when and not use words like soon.
Thank you and have a Great Day
Today is March 2, 2022 and the dtr ladder still has not started as far as I know.
It’s 11:45 am. Would be nice If they could tell us when and not use words like soon.
Thank you and have a Great Day
They are playtesting now, and supposedly it could be as soon as 1-2 weeks after a successful playtest.
If this playtest isn’t successful and there are too many bugs, then in 2 weeks they will launch a new playtest with bug fixes. If that’s successful, then it would be 1-2 weeks from there.
They are launching playtest servers every other week or so until they are satisified with the changes.
Thanks for reading,
Floopay
Well I can tell you when it won’t be. Shortly after launch
they have a pretend ladder in the PTR right now. we’re actually going to have it sometime after this… crazy i know.
PTR ladder season 1 starts in about an hour and 20 minutes.
Correct. Ladder start was stated to be shortly after “everything settles down” with the game/servers. Prior to D2R release, PezRadar made it abundantly clear for anyone who misinterpreted Rod’s earlier tweet.
Since there were PTR testing databases changes to fix server intability in DECEMBER, it was clear that things were not fixed until quite recently.
The PTR ladder is active now.
Omg more dramatics over ladder. So original. It’ll start when they start it. And it’ll last 4 months.
Captain obvious here to tell us what we already know about Ptr but still doesn’t understand the English language. Everyone that is literate knows in rods tweet shortly after refers to the launch. Feel free to quote it again and show you can’t read. Just curious where in either tweet rod or pez that it suggests there will be a multi month waiting period beyond when things settle down. I’ll wait.
Nice edit. March/April is long after December. They lied. They said with the patches to fix server issues there would be ladder with it. Instead they delayed ladder and worked on other things to add. You can spin it any way you want but they lied. Period.
They did not say how long it would take for the game/servers to be stabilized, since they did not know precisely what issues would arise, the magnitude of said problems, and the exact time to introduce fixes.
Personally, I was hoping for the best but knew that there was a chance that it could take awhile. You could simply look at W3R. How long did it take for ladder introduction?
Simply put, PTR ladder testing has begun. Ladder will be soon. Even if you can not play this ladder, you can play ladder #2, #3, or ladder #12 for that matter.
Just like every other post you make you ignore my points and bring up something stupid and unrelated that you’ve already said 20 times. You are the most annoying kind of stupid. The kind that doesn’t realize it and thinks they are making intelligent arguments. Did you give the state of the union last night?
Edit. I actually can’t play any ladder seriously going forward, as I’ve explained to you numerous times. I bought this for one hard ladder push and then my gaming time would take a permanent reduction in time. But please tell me where what I can do and ignore that they lied. Just because you like they added features and changes doesn’t change that they lied. It’s like they told me I’d get a snow blower in December and instead in April gave me one and a shovel and snow pants. Doesn’t really help me all that much. I realize this might be confusing for you given your past responses but this is an analogy.
Except one was told that there may be production issues for your particular upgraded snow shovel where no specific delivery date was guaranteed. Apparently, you had a deadline for your upgraded snow shovel where it would only be helpful this vwinter and no winter in the future. A prudent person with this knowledge would wait to order that paricular snow supply until it was available.
The missing facet of your analogy is that in reality you were delivered an alternate snow shovel that you did use extensively as you already played D2R enough to kill ubers. Then they also later delivered your coveted snow shovel that you preferred.
its more like i ordered it in august and they said it will be out shortly after sept 23 instead of 23rd and i figured hey, it wont snow in october, likely not in november, if they would delay something planned for sept 23, I should have it by december right?
i mean you cant even concede that his tweet saying shortly after referred to launch. hard to have an honest discussion without that being the starting point.
still wondering when you will address their lies about ladder being with the fixes and not months after with balance changes instead.
What words follow immediately after “shortly after” in that tweet?
What was the first sentence of Rod’s tweet?
What did PezRadar’s tweet say?
So you think
Hey you doing homework at 5?
No I’ll do it shortly after once I eat dinner
No I’ll do it shortly after I eat dinner.
Those two mean the same thing? No bs dancing around. Do you not agree in the first one shortly after refers to 5 and the second shortly after to dinner? I want a clear answer to the question for once
Edit: still waiting on you to address their lies about ladder with the fix and not how they’ve done it with balance changes that are much after but not surprised you’d ignore it as always
Lets look at what was actually said.
We want to make sure the game is stable and ready for ladder before we turn that on. So it won’t be there for launch but will come shortly after once everything settles down.
In the first sentence, the “that” in “before we turn that on” refers to ladder. The game being stable is a prerequisite of ladder.
The subject of the second sentence is “it” and refers to ladder. The second sentence has a single subject grammatically and two verbs. The first verb is “won’t be” and second verb is “will come”. Therefore, we can rewrite this sentence as
So ladder won’t be there for launch but ladder will come shortly after once everything settles down.
This is 100% consistent with the first sentence as the second sentence also requires the game settling down as a precondition for ladder.
PezRadar pre-release also addressed this topic. Irrespective of any confusion with Rod’s words, PezRadar was clear. The game/servers needed to be working properly and then ladder would start.
so you ignored both my extremely direct and simple questions, got it.
edit: and while i dont even want to address anything since you are so bad at direct questions, i havent once argued about the game settling down being the pre-req, which you either know or cant read, the issue is what shortly after refers to. the fact you cant grasp that coincides with that you cant grasp any of this.
If I can not grasp any of this, why are you responding? I quoted Rod.
I am completely transparent and have shown Rod’s tweet in full so everyone can read and comprehend it for themselves. .To date, my interpretation is the consensus on.this forum.
We all know that Blizzard was still doing PTR testing in December to improve server stability, so I think it is fair to say that it is only recently that the game/servers may have been fixed.
Best question you’ve asked yet.
Edit. Good lord. I shared his full quote first. No one has agreed with your interpretation of the effect of the word once here. Why won’t you address the example. Are those two the same? Did they lie when pez said ladder would come out with the fixes and not months after the fixes with balance changes?
Edit 2. You just claimed your interpretation is now not only shared by others but the consensus. You are delusional. Get help. You realize that even with my aggressive behavior I still was getting more likes overall in my other thread than you right? Now imagine If I wasn’t a total jerk. With that said. A few votes on this forum means literally nothing
So you keep editing your posts to add things, yet it’s never what was asked. Are you intentionally avoiding the questions or just having some troubles? You keep saying December patch or blah blah. Something we know and don’t argue yet think it’s like you made some great point. Like I said before, people like you are the literal worst. Dumb people that are self aware are fine, but you, must drive everyone around you nuts. Know it all is rough but a know it all that doesn’t know anything is even worse
I’ll try one more time for you. Doubt it will help.
Once - “as soon as, when”.
We want to make sure the game is stable and ready for ladder before we turn that on. So it won’t be there for launch but will come shortly after as soon as everything settles down.
Does this help you realize what the shortly after refers to? Yes the settling down is a pre req but the time frame they gave is relative to launch date and not relative to a future unknown. I have no expectation this will help
The game was sold online, and the buyers were told that the ladder would be released shortly after they received the game. We are now in the month of March. Over 6 months have passed, and we get teased with two bogus ladder seasons about three or four days long. I mean really?