So.. Genuine Question

I have not checked recent patch notes, but have the Devs fixed any of the very obvious bugs this game has? I know the chat in the lobby STILL does NOT work properly and it has been like this since Day 1. D2R is ONLY 3 years old and it feels like whatever love the Devs had for this game is damn near non-existent. Am I wrong? Am I missing something here? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

No, they still have not moved on many bugs and issues that were made known to them during the player test alpha.

Ingame chat is still bugged, lobby is still devoid of features from D2LoD (setting home channel, infinite blocklist, customizable string/text filter, etc.) yet full of item shop spambots since season 1 that haven’t been dealt with.

The devs are long gone. Most of Vicarious Visions left after they were absorbed by Blizzard, those that remained were moved to Diablo 4 and/or were let go with the Microsoft acquisition.

They don’t even deliver on “bug fixes” anymore, PezRadar said on X that there would be bug fixes coming up with the current patch (2.7.3):

Turns out the only change was to the Korean age requirement to play the game (and some unmentioned minor changes to animation and particle files, probably small optimizations):

Gameplay

• Access to Diablo II: Resurrected in Korea has been updated to allow access at 19 years of age.

So yeah. I wouldn’t expect anything to change going forward, not even “bug fixes”. Full on maintenance mode, which is a blessing in disguise when the community hopefully takes over with private servers and mods.

1 Like

Eh, maybe down for the count, but I wouldn’t say forever maintenance mode just yet. They’ve been full time crunch time working out issues with Diablo 4. Blizzard releases half baked games, then lets the community criticism influence how the game should continue baking. After a year or so, the game finally reaches what would be considered a “finished” state. Depending on how big of a dumpster fire the upcoming D4 expansion is, they might have some free time to spend on their other games.

On the other hand, them not doing anything further with the game stops them from possibly screwing the game up more.

It’s a double-edge sword.

3 Likes

This is true :slight_smile: and with the current state of Blizzard where employees/developers are judged based on their productivity and not their creativity/quality and people like the former CEO Bobby Kotick are making the decisions, nothing good is going to come from this company. Its bound to fail and everything will be filled with bugs, bad solutions and quick fixes cause its all about quantity and not quality

1 Like

What makes me sad is no one listens to the lobby chatroom… I wanted to give away free items and figured out that you can’t do that because of all the super spam going on there, it’s sad. I just wanted to give away some items to help someone on their path to glory in d2r. Please if you are listening add a second lobby where if you advertise monetary items for real cash you get banned for like 30 days or something where players like me can give stuff for trade or free.

Creating a game called “free itemzzz” wasn’t a solution?

This usually works :smiley: I used to make games like that back in LoD when i got bored of ladder, 7 other people chasing me around act 1 while i kept running and dropping items and runes :smiley: