Skills from weapons charges grayed out

The skills that come from weapon charges (you can buy a staff with “Level 1 Teleport” so you can use Teleport with characters who aren’t sorceress, for example) that you attribute a key press to will cease to function if you die, if you leave a game or if you respec.

ie, you head out of town and your normal abilities become usable (they become white on the toolbar) but these skill charges do not - they stay red (I play with a controller, so it’s in the controller UI). You have to re-bind the skill again every time you start a game, die or respec, even though it’s already bound. It’s very annoying.

FYI, this problem was mentioned back in March in this thread :

Thanks

EDIT:

A nice person from the thread below gave the work-around. This issue is actually not from dying, respec’ing or leaving the game : it’s because I set the skill on the Right Trigger before changing my mind and setting it to the X button. Since no skill were set to the Right Trigger anymore, this caused the issue. I fixed it by allocating the useless “Attack” (I play a sorceress) to the Right Trigger.

EDIT 2 :

Nah, the problem is still there. I need to re-bind my Lower Resist charges every time I start a game or they’re not usable.

1 Like

Can confirm this. This also happens to me every time I enter a new game. The skills granted from items, such a charge, need to be constantly rebind-ed. Rather annoying. This happens to me with controller.

1 Like

Another related problem by the way : my assassin uses a leaf staff, and I bought a staff with Teleport charges that I use on my alternate weapon set. It might be because I use two staves, but when I set teleport to my X button on the second staff, it also automatically sets teleport as my X button on my leaf staff, even though I previously set X as my main trap skill on this staff. And when I swap back to my leaf staff and try to re-bind my main trap to X, the second staff’s X also goes back to this trap skill. It’s like both staves use the same key config no matter what…