Shrines stacking

While everyone comment on Sunder charms because it’s the latest addition and Blizzard wants feedback on it, why not have a look at also fixing something that’s been quite irritating for years.

Why it is still not possible to stack shrines? It’s annoying to pick up a positive shrine only to lose its effect on the next corner with an Oblivion Knight casting a curse on you.

Quick examples, we should be able to get a cold resist shrine while suffering from amp damage too. Or get experience shrine while being affect by weaken.

2 Likes

i dont think the devs have the technical capabilities to actually go in the files and change that sorry bud

i think theres only one thing that can be over your head and thats how it is

There is also the positive of the reverse; you can get rid of the curse by activating a shrine. In any case, the change isn’t going to happen because it would be broken. Shrines are curses. Do you to be afflicted with several stacking curses? They’re not going to have Necros stacking Amp + Decrep + Weaken + …

To get ready for D2R I’ve played a bit of Path of Diablo (mod) and they have it so being Cursed does not remove your Shrine effects which I think was nice.

Did you then have both effecs or did the shrine just not get overwritten?

That’s interesting. I wonder how they separated it out. It’s always been a thing that reducing curse duration also reduces shrine duration as well, so I thought that they weren’t able to distinguish between them in the implementation.

Do other things stack? Can you only have one curse and one shrine, or multiples? Does a shrine no longer negate the curse?

From page pathofdiablo,com/wiki/index.php?title=Features you can stack effects.

It’s been a while, I quit playing when D2R came out.

Would be cool if Blizzard could say hello we’ve read you and here what we think. Meh.